THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Abba!


Today is Abba's birthday. Happy Birthday! We sort of combined our celebration last weekend (which means we brought his gift with us...so we wouldn't have to ship it; just kidding, we just wanted to give it to him in person but I digress)

Abba is a great dad and a great grandpa and a great father in law :) I remember the day I met him, it was actually the same day I met my DH. My friends and I had gotten to the restaurant early and we were at our table. Ellen was trying to decide where everyone should sit and Kim and I were chatting and in walked DH. HMMMmm, we said, he's cute. Then behind him came Abba. Ohh, we said, he brought a friend and he's also cute. Then it turned out to be his dad. We had a fun dinner and he was very nice. Who knew then he'd turn out to be my FIL?

While we were dating we used to argue about "who's dad was the greatest" both passionately certain that ours was. Turns out we were both right. Abba is kind and funny and smart. He's generous and so great with the kids. DH relies on him for good advice and for friendship and we all enjoy his company and his quick laugh and never ending patience.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Happy happy bday Abba

Yvonne said...

What a great story!!!

Such a great thing to "argue" about!