THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 10, 2008

all sports all the time






Our first game was this morning. The kids looked so cute in the uniforms. I guess I have never really watched baby baseball before but it's a bit on the slow side. Not like the fast paced action we are used to with soccer. E had fun though and made a home run so that was fun.



Now the kids and DH are in the pool. In an hour they'll leave for karate, followed by the last soccer game of the season. Tonight we are going out with Papa and Grandma. S is at 6 Flags and J is mourning with friends.


Yesterday was drill team tryouts. She didn't make it. I am 100% sure it was my fault though. She is really good and got called back four times. Finally on her "no" paper it said she didn't have on enough blush and her left split was a little off the ground and during some move her toe was too far forward. I know it was because I wrote that email about her costume a few months ago that she didn't get chosen. The coach is truly a empire building nazi, and I could cite about 100 examples of this without even trying . To her credit she does build an awesome team who win all the time. Anyway, J is sad but will get over it. I feel badly. I regretted sending it the moment I did but I felt I had to (said completely without blame) DH was extremely upset about their costumes. J and I didn't love them but didn't really feel as strongly. He said I needed to say something or a) he would and b) she couldn't dance. So I did. I think it would have been really fun and a positive experience for her.



We got home from tryouts about 1am. J was supposed to get up early this morning and meet her venturing crew for a hike. We were just too tired and ended up letting her skip it. Early in the evening DH was like you're not going to make it there and back on time, and it's too far & gas cost a million $ and our schedule is too packed; but we were going to try. She loves her camp outs but we just couldn't do everything (shocker I know)


Yesterday DH got a phone call from his friend Ben (who lost his wife and children last summer in that tragic car accident). He is in town with his "significant other" and wanted to meet up for dinner and the evening. I was reluctant to go. I like Janine a lot and thought it was tad early to be dating again. I went, and I ate my words. Shellie is really nice and we had a fun evening, and a)(again with the lettering) it's none of my business and b) after talking with them and hearing their story and his year I am so happy for them. Just goes to show I should never make a judgement because often I am wrong and haven't walked a mile in their shoes.

I'm reading The Host. It's not Twilight but I am hooked. Hopefully it will be good to the end.

7 comments:

Shauna6pack said...

Ready for a long post?

Nah... Just go to my blog and read it there. That way you can blast me more easily!

Karla said...

Your scedule sound worse than mine right now! It always seems to get so busy at the end of the school year - with sports and all of the end of the year programs and performances.

Yvonne said...

Baseball is slow, but I still love it.

I really don't know how you do everything you do. You guys are always running here and running there.

Sorry about J not making the drill team. I think you had to send the e-mail.

Happy Mother's Day.

wendy said...

Cute baseball boys!

Dinner with your friend would be tricky - I'm glad it worked out so well.

I was wondering if Host was out yet. i'll have to look for it this afternoon.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

E was so cute running-- like a baseball bobble head I love that age I remember S and Z looking like that --But not R because he was more filled out good for Ben-- I hope he is happy I have heard it said when a man marries quickly after loosing a spouse he must have had a good wife and enjoyed marriage so much he wanted it again So sorry J DT is so political :( that blush isjust sooo important:)

Chellie said...

I feel bad for J. That is so hard. I guess we all have our opinions about costumes and everything else. To me, it was just a costume... I didn't think anything of it.
Baseball is so fun! I love it! You are always so crazy busy... how do you do it?

K said...

I think you did the right thing about the costume. I have been in the same situation but as the child and once my mom made her concerns heard the rest of the season was awful for me. But I completly understand why my mom voiced her concerns. Needless to say I didn't go back to that team.