THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, May 02, 2008

I love warm friday's

I like to swim when the air temp is getting uncomfortably warm and jumping in cools you off but does not give you brain freeze. My children, however, like to swim the second the layer of ice is chipped off the top and they can go in without instantly turning into the blue lip crew. A little blue lip and shiver is perfectly acceptable to them (except brother he gets cold and doesn't like it).

Every day this week the pool has been in use. Emma has come over every day, and yesterday a whole crew joined her and J for some swim fun.

Today is the first day I let the littles in. Now I won't see a dry day until October. Welcome the season of wet suits and towels and sunscreen!


Today was kindergarten Science in the Park day.
I went with Brother and it was SO fun. We went to a park I had never been to and it was wonderful. They had the kids rotate through stations every half hour.
Our first station was in the skate park section. They had a bucket of rolling toys and ran around on the ramps and rolled things and jumped and had a blast!
Next we went to bubbles. We blew bubbles and the kids popped them. Then they blew bubbles. Then someone spotted a stream with tadpoles and the whole crew spent the rest of the time watching/catching/playing with them or near them.


After bubbles we went to Frisbees/red rover. All the adults played and the kids laughed their heads off and had so much fun.

Then we had a picnic. It was fun to sit with Bub and his friends and their moms and visit under the trees.

Potty break followed by "the playground" station was next. They had an awesome climbing structure and a wall to jump on and swings to be pushed on and slides to slide down.

After that we went to the pond to feed the duck and then to do sidewalk chalk. By now it was hot and the kids were dragging a little but still having tons of fun. Our last station was the giant sandbox.
We had a very good day :)

On the way home we stopped at Albertsons for the ingredients to tonight's African Stew (a Mara Restaurant from the Happiest Place On Earth) recipe! YUM!
When we got home I walked in and saw the DH had been very busy. Look at my lovely entertainment center! Yeah!

Now we have to find a bowl for our new pets (the tadpoles) and hopefully everyone will go to bed early so DH and I can watch Indiana Jones. We have to review so we'll be ready for the new one.



4 comments:

Chellie said...

I love swim pictures!!

And I LOVE black furniture!!

lera said...

We just got Raiders of the Lost Ark from Netflix to watch tonight! I haven't seen those movies in years.

Yvonne said...

I'm envious of the weather--even if it isn't quite warm enough to swim. Looks like so much fun. The pictures are great.

Sounds like a fun day.

Love the new entertainment center.

I have a good life said...

You've been so busy and having so much fun. I guess the carnival was a hit! :)