THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, May 23, 2008

what day is it?


I am hot and sweaty. I just logged hours 1 through 3 of "life guarding" the kids (of the projected 1,974 that will take us through the summer or at least through the month of June) and wiped down the floor~ twice so far today.
Summer is here. This is not a complaint, I love summer, I've been waiting for summer, I adore summer and long for it during the cold winter months. It's just that it's like when you find out you are pregnant, not the first time, that time is euphoric and scared and excited and amazed. No, I am talking about times 2-10 when you want to be pregnant, you go about "getting pregnant", then you take the test and see the plus and are thrilled and then it hits you "oh wait, I remember this~ the nausea, backache, heartburn, labor,sleepless nights, potty training, teaching to read, teaching to drive, waving good-bye of it all to come. I love it, but I know what's coming and I don't love all of it.
Summer is like that. I love it, but I don't love the wet floors, crying over sunscreen in their eyes, saying "close the door" a million times, hearing I'm bored, making smoothies and handing out Popsicles and being sticky from said sunscreen, warm sun, small bodies, Popsicles part of it. And the towels. Let's not even talk about the towels.
Sometimes it's all a blur and I wonder how I find myself here.
Then I remember that I am grateful to be here, and usually that only takes a few moments...but today it might take till bedtime :)

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love summer, too. Just like being pregnant, IT'S SO WORTH IT!!!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I know it is 'be careful of what you wish for, because you just might get it'