THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 18, 2008

dessert tonight and #3 read accidentally


1 stick butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened (recommended: Philadelphia)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon water
1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough (recommended: Pillsbury)
1 (12-ounce) bag frozen peach slices, thawed (recommended: Dole)
1 (12-ounce) bag frozen strawberries, thawed, sliced (recommended: Dole)
1 (12-ounce) bag frozen mixed berries, thawed (recommended: Dole)
Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.
In a mixing bowl, combine softened butter, cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract. Beat with hand mixer on low speed until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Combine honey and water in a small bowl. Stir until honey is dissolved. Set aside.
Unroll pizza dough onto hot oiled grill. Cook for 4 minutes on each side. (TIP: use a cookie sheet as a big spatula when flipping the crust and removing from grill.) Brush with honey mixture and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove crust from grill. Spread with cream cheese mixture and arrange fruit on top.
INDOOR: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside. Carefully unroll dough and place on prepared baking sheet. Press out dough with fingers to form 13 by 9-inch rectangle. Brush dough with honey mixture and bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust turns golden brown. Remove crust from oven and top as directed.
I did it indoor with store brand everything and drilled honey over the top of the fruit after. Everyone loved it. A two thumbs up for sure!
My sweet sweet visiting teachers brought me a cute little book for Mother's Day. It's called All Rain, No Mud by Sharon Larsen. I put it in the bathroom, really it's a little book, and browsed it a few times and before I realized I had read the whole thing, and it's a non fiction so there you go #3 done. It's not an earth shaking deep book but it's a very sweet collection of antidotes and life lessons learned by Sharon. (mother of two, wife of one, sister of Janice Kapp Perry, traveling companion of Sheri Dew, etc) I enjoyed her perspective on life and her upbeat attitude.
Here's one of my favorite passages: pg 66 "The epiphany came when I noticed that my activities and involvement could exhilarate me. I had a choice. I could choose to live deliberately and consistently with what I valued, independent of outside pressures. This paradigm has energized me and given my confidence and permission to choose. I have never been sorry that I let the phone ring while I read bedtime stories to our son or while we were eating dinner as a family. I have never been sorry for the times I walked in the rain with our daughter, or arranged my schedule to be home when the children came home from school. An appointment with my husband is the most important appointment I make, and I keep it. I have missed book clubs, and dinner groups, luncheon engagements and symphonies, for higher commitments."
We are busy in our lives, everyone, the important thing is to make sure we are busy with the things that matter the most to us. That's what she was saying and I agree.

6 comments:

maggie moran said...

What time to I come over for seconds! :)

I'm doing the first of 5 contests for the autographed Mudbound books. Go here if you would like to play.

Yvonne said...

That dessert looks and sounds so yummy.

Congrats on reading #3. Totally agree that the most important thing is to make sure we are busy with the things that matter most.

Cheri said...

Oh yum!! That dessert looks so good and just screams summertime!

Anna said...

That looks super yummy!

I have a good life said...

Glad you liked the book. I haven't read all of my copy yet. I love that quote, though. It is right along the same lines with what I've really been trying to do with my life lately. Thanks for sharing.

BTW: the dessert looks yummy.

BTW #2: We've been working out at 5:15. Come join us when seminary is done. It is awesome to have workout buddies and even awesome-er to get it all done! :)

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Excellent quote Yes that dessert looks sooo awesome