THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

hot wax and hot cookies

Last night we had a soccer make up game. The weather was iffy and sprinkly so I was worried they would reschedule again but they didn't. It was a fun game. We won 17 to 4. E got 3 goals, Madissen got 1 and so did Lindsey. The rest were shot by Ryan super star King. He's a bullet. Afterwards we went to Home Depot to buy some paint and they kids were looking at the samples and they picked "the room they want in Maryland". Brother chose a "Cars" theme room picture which totally surprised me. When I asked him about it it turned out he wanted the scooter in the picture and they all thought you could buy the whole thing done and ready. Funny.

Today Lu had preschool and it was raining. During class I decided to go to the nail place and get a pedi, I had some birthday money left and I love them. The little Asian grandma who was there said "you want wax?" "very bushy". Ummm, okay. I actually have always wanted to wax my eyebrows but never have so I figured this was as good a day as any to give it a shot. And, a) ouch! b) it looks nice.

H had Brooklyn come play after school and brother had Blaine. Blaine told me "my mom said you make cookies every day". Really? would you like me to make some? "YES!!" It's funny but somehow I got a reputation in the kindergarten set as a baker/chef. I have had several comments this year from different people and twice when I have met the parents of different kids they have said first how nice E is and second "oh you're the cook". I guess. I do cook...that's why I'm a perfect size 16 ah-hem. What do other people eat I wonder?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sigh. I used to make cookies alllllll the time, which is exactly why I had to go on a diet. But I sure do miss the good ol' days with my dough....

marcia@joyismygoal said...

LOL A perfect size 16 :)We bakers suffer for our art :)

Yvonne said...

Love the comment about having your eyebrows waxed. The first time I did it I was like OUCH (If I could make that stand out it would be more like how I felt when it was done--but now it doesn't even phase me ; ) So worth it.

I love to make cookies but eat way, way, way too much dough.

I have a good life said...

That is so funny. I was just thinking today that I am way to good a cook to go on a diet! Why could I not know how?

Dani said...

No new eyebrow pic?

nikko said...

Ye-ow. I've had my eyebrows done twice and both times I got burns -- blisters and all. Never again!!