THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, July 06, 2007

baby steps away from babyhood

Lucy has learned how to climb out of her crib. I had no desire to move her to a real bed because, well lets face it, the handy dandy crib bars kept her safe and secure and at least while she was asleep I could know she wasn't leaving the house, or drinking something poisonous, or cutting the hair off the dog or....
But once she could get out we knew it was time, it was safer to move her. We used to have a toddler bed but Peter took it to Ohio with him so today we went off in search of a new one. We found this beautiful princess model at Toys R Us on sale for $45. We brought it home and S and J and I spent some time reading the directions, then sorting the parts, then putting it together, then taking it apart because it was wrong, the putting it together again, then looking for the parts that Lucy walked off with, then putting it together again.

We had a busy errand day. We went to the scout shop, which was hiding, and got venturing stuff. Then we got gas. We went to get the bed. We went to Sam's and ate samples for lunch and bought groceries. Came home and assembled the bed, cleaned up, read.

Tonight was date night. At Sam's I saw this awesome couch. We have been on the market for a leather couch for a long time. Years. We had a real specific look in mind. And a real specific price range. Those two never met. Today the couch I saw was in the price range, and although it was not exactly what we had in mind it was a good looking couch. So tonight I took DH back to look at it. He also liked it and then we found out there was one discontinued floor model left with a teeny tiny scratch on the arm so that made it $100 less. Sold. Whoo Hoo! I am very excited. Tomorrow we'll go pick it up and then our ghetto couch will be looking for a new home! I am very excited.

Randomly, there's this crazy guy on the discovery channel on a show called Man vs Wild, who is very entertaining.

8 comments:

Lei said...

Awww... she looks so tiny on that big girl bed! Sweet!

Awesome Mom said...

She looks so cute in that bed.

Woo hoo for a new leather couch. I have been eying some leather couches for quite some time. Maybe some day.

Joyismygoal said...

Cute cute bed. I don't know if I need to 'couch' this statement or not but... woohoo111 you will love the leather.. The only issue we ever has is if you fall asleep you get sweaty. That, and the bad dreams about pencils and keys burrowing from people's pockets to take a bite, but you probably won't have those.:)

Melessa Gregg said...

We love Man vs Wild here. (I'm always thrilled when they like something other than Pokemon) Congrats on the couch! I finally got a TV armoire after we found the look and price combo that we wanted. I wanted one for a couple of years, so I understand the excitement at finding something that will work at last!

utmommy said...

Yeah for new beds and new couches!!

Jennie said...

how cool!

sam's club! love it! do you know the trick to a good deal? if the price ends with .81 or even just 1 (for example: 12.71 or 4.81) the price is lower than the original price!

attack of The Mouse said...

Congrats to L. I love the bed. I know how you feel about the crib. Bars are a great thing.


Yeah for a new couch!!!

Teresa said...

I'm still putting off the purchase of "big boy" beds. I agree with you about the crib bars keeping them safe and secure! It's the only time that mine are confined!

Looks like she didn't have any problem adjusting to it either!