THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, July 09, 2007

crash, splash and birthday bash

This morning the kids spent some time outside in the flower bed trying to catch a butterfly. This is a new favorite activity of theirs. I don't know why.

Then we went shopping. I got dresses for the girls because they both have grown a lot and their nice dresses were getting too short and we wanted something nice to wear to the funeral.

We came home to boxes on the porch! Fun surprise!
Then Lucy took a nap and our friends came over to swim. She woke up part way through and joined us. The kids love jumping off the diving rock. Baylee was in a grouchy mood so I got to man the deep end and get swamped with water. They were so cute jumping off and being silly. J spent the day with Emma.

After dinner DH took the kids swimming again. This picture is of Lucy waiting for him to be ready, she's got her cute swim diaper on and we were lucky she kept the couch dry because they don't hold pee.

I got new shoes. My ankle has been a lot worse lately. I have resigned myself that I will have to have the bone chips removed. I guess I'll do that as soon as we get back.

Oh, almost forgot, we got rear ended today. We were driving to our big shopping extravaganza and stopped at a light that just turned red. The car behind me didn't stop and ended up driving under our bumper. Her car was crumpled. Ours, we had to brush the paint she left on the bumper off. One plus to the suburban. We had some minor bumps but I think all will be well. S and I both had headaches from being pushed forward and then back into the head rests, my back was also kind of sore. I have an appointment with the chiropractor tomorrow before our trip. H hurt her foot smashing it into the seat in front of her. Over all we are lucky, the car is fine, and our scrapes will be find soon.


J went to RB's (Emma's dad) birthday. She was happy to be invited and wanted to bring him a gift, I told her dad's like candy so she took airheads.

She came home with homemade chocolate cake to share with us. Which was so delicious.

Tomorrow we have our venturing kick off meeting. I am refreshments girl so I need to take care of that. I also need to send off my good-mail pkgs that are sitting ready to go. We need to clean the car, buy trip food, finish laundry and pack. Hopefully we'll get an early start on Wednesday. Oh, I also need to find a baby sitter for Millie and take my key and Nikko's to Joy.

DH is feeling like he's getting sick so hopefully he'll be well, and everyone will be fine, and things will go smoothly.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Sorry about the crash. Glad you're all okay.
How fun to go splash.
Hurray for the birthday bash, especially the yummy chocolate cake!

Chellie said...

Bummer about the crash... but it could have been worse.. so glad everyone is doing well.
You are always soooo busy!
Yay for birthdays and yummy cake!

Pirate Princess said...

Sorry to hear about Grandma B - it's always hard when someone you deeply care for leaves this life. Sounds like you have a strong testimony though.

I love the butterfly activity. Sounds like fun! I finally saw two butterflies before we moved last month - I was in shock - my first butterflies since moving to Idaho!

And I hope the ankle doesn't give you too much trouble. That's painful! :( hugz!

Anne/kq said...

Mmmm, cake. And shopping. Boo for getting hit.

I think it's kinda strange how swim diapers (at least the disposables) hold pee in the water, but not out of it!

Joyismygoal said...

wow what a day di dyou give Zach the keys? we will be up by 6;00 and leave at 6:45