THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, July 20, 2007

funny boy

this kid is so funny.

A few days ago he wanted to have waffles for breakfast. We usually get our waffles out of those golden boxes in the freezer that you pop in the toaster. Well we were out. Two weeks ago before we went to Ohio I had gone shopping. Then we left in the middle of the week and had a lot of food left. When we got back I decided it would be fun to see if we could get through the week with what we already had. Which we did except for buying milk and last night DH had to work late and "when the cats away..." so we decided to do fast food and drove through Taco Bell, which is so cheap, cheaper than cooking. Come on 79 cent burritos? You can't beat that, although technically that's not what we ordered, and I know the nutritional content is some what suspect and I am pretty sure my arteries are hardening as we speak so we try and avoid that most of the time.


Anyway, back to a couple mornings ago. I told him we were out but we could make some.

Blank look.

I asked him to look under the microwave for a metal square that you plug in and went back to my browsing.

Triumphantly he brought it out! Is this it? Yep. So we mixed up the batter and made the waffles, which he declared outstanding and better than the box and then told me the good news that we would never run out again and could make them everyday.



Fast forward to waffles day three. He's still happily making waffles every morning.

This morning when we came out to the kitchen we found fruit flies. Yuck! He said (in a very happy voice), looks like we have lots of hunting to do today!!

The little sou chef is also pretty cute. Moments before she came to assist she was bouncing around the kitchen with her baby on her shoulder saying "shhh shhh shhh" She's such a little mamma.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

yummmmmm fresh hot waffles!!! Glad you made it home safe.

utmommy said...

Lucy is sooo cute!

E is darling helping in the kitchen!

Suzanne said...

We've done that too where I try to use up what's left in the house, especially right before we move! It always makes for interesting/unique meals!

Oh, and I agree about fast food Mexican being the cheapest thing. Every once in awhile we go to D3L Taco on Tuesdays because you can get tacos 3 for $1. Can't beat that! :)

Gabriela said...

"blank look"-Love it! My kids only know the freezer walffles.

They look so yummy!!!

Joyismygoal said...

My kids used to love to make "AWFULS" as they called them but sadly now no one makes them here. E could come make for us sometime:)One time my little neighbor was over and I was pouring popcorn kernals into a pan on the stove to make popcorn as I usally did and she said Oh are you making 'homemade popcorn'? we onlymake it in a bag.

I have a good life said...

I'm excitedly waiting for the Harry Potter pictures. Did you have fun last night? Are you done with the 780ish page book? I am certain there is a whole lot of reading going on at your house today! :)