THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

the colony is growing...

this morning we were unloading the car and out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of red in our overgrown flower bed. I looked more closely and discovered that a new gnome had moved in. I was so surprised and asked S, where it had come from. She came home a few days before us and I thought she might know something about the new arrival. She said she saw him too but didn't know. So crazy! We are pleased and surprised...so mystery bestower of garden gnomes, we thank you.

Today is sunny and bright. We had some friends over to swim and the water was warm. We got our car cleaned out and vacuumed, now we just need to work on the house.

for the record, DH always does a beautiful job on our flower beds. Every year he plants and tills and cultivates and they look very nice. On our small lot they were most lovely. Now that we have "land" it's still lovely, although more overwhelming and difficult to keep on top of. This is the first time when the beds have just gotten away from him. We have big weed patches and tall grass. I'm sure it's temporary, we've just had an unusual summer with all the rain, travel and general busyness.

9 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

I saw that I thought you've had that along time?

I have a good life said...

Thanks for the swim. It was wonderful! The kids had a blast. (I did too!)

Lisa M. said...

Okay, the whole garden gnome is so funny-

Trust me, I have land...

Trust me... IT gets away from us.

Don't you want to distrust people that say trust me?

Hum..

Goodness.

Glad you are home.

utmommy said...

I wonder where the little gnome came from?!

maggie moran said...

Oh, No! The Travel Gnome is lost in the jungle! Will he be able to survive and book my tickets for New York?!? :D

Anne/kq said...

That's so cute! I don't mind overgrown plants, I think they look better than neat flowers all in tidy, bare rows. I love a ramble of an English cottage-style garden and I think if I ever have "land" I will have a riot of flowers in the front, and a fruit and veggie mess in the back, with a blackberry bramble along a wall somewhere.

Amanda said...

The gnome's are making themselves at home in your yard! :D

Chellie said...

How funny.... but cute!

Rachel said...

thats so funny that a random gnome would just show up. it sure is cute though.