THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 26, 2007

what's in a name?

I'm blogstipated. I don't know why, really blogging has been so much fun and easy for me to do and now all of a sudden block. We still swim and read and eat and walk around saying witty things to each other yet some how the reporting has lost it's ...something.. for me. Grandma B was a big motivator for me to keep writing. She read all the time and loved it. She often sent me e-mails or snail mails telling of her delight in our antics and the closeness she felt to us as a result. So it was easy, I knew she'd be checking and I wrote to her.

Despite this slump I'm not really ready to quit so lets see....

It's been an odd summer. We've been gone on trips, both planned and unplanned.
S has her first job and now a second. She is cleaning offices for Durham at night. This one is temporary. I'm glad to see her interest in making money and sticking her toe into the grown up world of employment. When D was a junior she got a job at Washington Mutual with their HS intern program. It was a great program and she stuck with it for two years. I am really grateful that she and now S have been able to get such awesome first jobs, where they can not only earn money but also learn real life skills (not that dipping fries in hot oil isn't but these are both a little nicer)
I've spent a lot of energy thinking and planning for our schooling in the fall. It will be a really different year for us as H comes back home to learn and E, who is old enough for K, will instead learn at home as well. We'll have the two big girls in public HS and the littles home. I am excited. We have some great curriculum and plans. And nervous. We have busy bright and not always agreeable children.
I've also been working on getting my ankle back in order. It still hurts. Today I went for an MRI, which wasn't bad. The last ones I got were 15 years ago and they slid you in a tube and shut both ends and you had to lay perfectly still for a long time while it was noisy and shaky around you. Not fun. I am not claustrophobic but even still had to sing primary songs to myself to endure the hour (and if you've heard me sing you would know that that was bad enough!)
This one was open and loud and shaky but not scary and I had headphones with music and may have even drifted off to sleep at one point.

Yesterday we had friends over all day. It was great. H had two sisters Belle and Livie who were awesome and fun and they got along great all day. E had Ben (their brother) and they played happily as well.

Today we went to the library. The kids behaved and we had a lovely time.

Last night I took J to the airport where she very happily and excitedly boarded a plane all by herself for a fun trip to CA with her very good, dear and sweet and oh so fun friend Emma and her family. She's been looking forward to it for a long time. She will also spend 3 days with Grandma Joyce and is thrilled about that too.

9 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

Please is there something you can take for your Blogstipation you are one of my fav people and therefore one of my fav blogs so I would miss this you need a site meter to see all yourloyal readers rememeber your other readers in Ohio you are their connection to Grandma too:)

I have a good life said...

I have been missing your wity and thoughtful blogging. I check it frequently and was indeed wondering if something was wrong-since it had been awhile.

I hope S likes her job. Her paycheck is sitting up at the clinic waiting for her right now!

Mel said...

I hate it when I get the blogging "block". It seems like your not the only one right now. It's been slow in the blogosphere. Maybe everyone is just really busy. I love reading your blog. My SIL and I were just talking the other day about how much we love to read about what is going on in your family. You are a fantastic woman and a great mom.

Lisa M. said...

I've struggled too lately-

I hope J has a great time, that is neat.

You're toast. Funny.

Teresa said...

I'm with you on the blogstipated-ness (??). I want to keep doing it in order to remember what day-to-day life was like at this time in my life but it's just another thing to do at the end of the day.

I always enjoy reading about your family. You really seem to have it together!

Sorry to hear about your grandma!

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't stop. I also just love reading your blog. I read it all the time and it keeps me up on the news of your awesome family. Since I'm Grandma too, I hope you will be encouraged to keep it up. Can't wait to be with you soon.
Mom

Shauna6pack said...

It is unanimous... You can't give up the blog. Like most things, there is an ebb and flow in blog-life. The important part is to not abandon the good habits during the ebbs. At least you are not like me with nothing of any consequence to report. I just write the mundane and hope things pick up :>

Rachel said...

I agree with everyone else so far... dont try so hard... and it will come to you!

maggie moran said...

Blogstipated! Bah! :D

I'm so far from all my family they read the blog to see what's up, but I hardly ever write about family stuff. I'm sure your family is thankful for Too Many to Count.