THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, July 02, 2007

little road blocks along the way


July 2nd, still over cast and we're expecting showers.
This is a problem on several accounts. First we, the family, have been hoping to have a BBQ/swim/fun fest with friends. We haven't invited anyone yet because of the weather. We just don't know if it will be nice out. The kids are sad, I am sad. I guess we still have until tomorrow.
We can always have people over just for BBQing but frankly we're just not that fun and the pool adds to our likability :)
Second we, the ward, have our annual 4th of July breakfast and bike parade which is normally the easiest activity of the year to plan because I delegate the whole thing out part and parcel but this year...not so much. I started with delegating. The high priests cook the breakfast, the elders set up, the primary does the bike parade, the RS decorates and the scouts do the flag ceremony. Perfect. I coordinate and am there to help. Yesterday we ran into a non weather related snafu. The Fossil Ridge Ward also reserved the building for the exact same activity at the same time. There was a coordination problem, obviously. Our ward had it on the calendar, but their ward had an okay via e-mail and somehow those two didn't meet. At church we discovered the conflict. Some time was spent last night trying to figure out what to do. One problem we have is our building is too small for two wards to par-tay together. We thought about offering to move our breakfast to the lawn, but the weather.
Finally we decided to set up in four rooms and have everyone mix and mingle. We'll combine programs, share food, and people can find seats where they can. It won't be the same as everyone in the cultural hall but it's the only choice. Now the only worry is the weather for the bike parade and the number of kids we'll have out there... which I am thinking will be a lot.
makes me wish I was in Heidi's fireworks stand with Dani selling away :)
Which leads me to the last issue to be solved. DH wants to go to Utah and spend time with Ben. He's thinking about in a month or so when the initial support is waning that everyday life sets in. I think this is a good plan. It's far away but really they have been good friends for a long time and we can swing it. So plan A would be for him to fly up there, spend a long weekend, fly back. That would be the easy and cheaper plan. Plan B, the one DH is rooting for, would be for all of us to pile in the car, road trip up (did I mention it was far), drop me and the kiddos at MSV's and then DH would go spend a couple days with Ben, then we would spend a couple days seeing friends and family, then we'd drive the 20 long, tedious, tortuous hours home. Which would be SO fun. I would LOVE to see D and G, and MSV, and our friends Sheila and Warren and Quinn and Sandy. We love going to Utah. The problem is we just drove to FL and it hasn't been long enough for me to delude myself into thinking it would be better. When we spread our cross country treks apart 6 months or so I forget a little, and I always think "well, the kids are getting older"....ha, actually double ha ha. That is the same thinking that made me labor SIX times to bring said kids into the world, recurring problem of worlds worst memory. Two hours into the road trip I remember and think "what have I done???" and then we grit our teeth and endure the crying for the next 18 hours. Same phenomenon. I get pregnant and then remember full well. In fact now that Lucy is bigger and babies are soooo cute and smell so nice and are so cuddly there is a teeny tiny little part of me that thinks "hhmmm, maybe another baby would be nice, and what if it was a boy?" We would have liked a brother for bub. Luckily we have taken steps to make sure our family is complete, which is how I want it, and intellectually I know I don't want another baby. They are cute though. I guess we'll be grandparent's soon enough and then the cuteness can continue. Not that this is a hint, it is not, if I had a vote, which I know I do not and I do not presume to over step, but if I did I would say enjoy your newlywed days and wait a little longer. You'll know when the time is right but once you have kids you have them for always and the time you have just the two of you is precious so enjoy and have fun.

5 comments:

utmommy said...

I hope it stops raining so you guys can enjoy the 4th's activities!

Now, for Utah, I'd have to vote with R. I totally think you guys should come. It would be SO fun!!!!

Melessa Gregg said...

Since I'm "not the mama" and I had my first baby three weeks before my first anniversary, I second your "enjoy being newlyweds" comment. Just for the benefit of anyone else who might be reading your blog...

I know what you mean about thinking a road trip, another baby, etc..."might not be so tough" only to find out otherwise midway into the journey. Not that I'm not grateful for every baby and road trip, I'm just commiserating here.

Unknown said...

Rain, rain, hopefully it stops sometime soon and comes over to Colorado. Scary all the wildfires we're having.

THANK YOU for the good mail! I limped home after a big ol' climb and your wonderful lotion was waiting there for me. Such timing!

I have a good life said...

Hey. If you do decide to come to Utah...K gets baptized on Sat. While the circumstances are tragic, we'd love to see you there!

Joyismygoal said...

Well we will do fine on the 4th just worry about all those men in the kitchen:))yikes they always throw us out sooo... A road trip is such a mixed bag of nuts isn't it? it would be so nice to see everyone,t that is a lot of people to see in a few days they will be fighting over you:)