THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Count down's on


Things are coming together, slowly but surely. The wedding favors arrived today, yeah! Now we just have to cross our fingers that the flower girl dresses come before Saturday.

We have an incredibly long to-do list and we're busily checking stuff off. Today started at 5:40, like every day (a time I hate frankly). DH had an engine test earlier this a.m. so I dropped S off at seminary, came home and bathed H and started the kids on breakfast, drove back and got S, came home and got H on the bus, got everyone else ready to go out the door, dropped off S, took J to the dentist, took her back to school, dropped E at preschool and went to VT. All before 9:30!

I have been visiting a sister in my ward for about 6-7 months now and she is SO quiet. Today she talked more than she has before and I feel like I am finally getting to know her. I think she's really lonely and in the middle of all my wedding/holiday craziness she has been on my mind a lot. I need to find a way to reach out to her and be her friend that will be meaningful. She has a lot of struggles in her life, she's in my prayers but I need to do more.

I had lunch with H at school. She loves it when we come. I don't.

Tonight the YW had a great service project. They had free baby-sitting at the church from 6-8:30. The little kids had a lot of fun and DH and I got some trip shopping done and we vacuumed and washed the car (two checks on the list). We also got the bulletin board at church updated with chili cook off pictures.

Besides that I got some laundry done, dishes done, meals cooked, H to dance, Christmas stuff done, wedding stuff done, stories read, dog fed, dinner group sorted out for the weekend, and all the normal stuff.

Oh I got a couple Christmas presents bought (sadly my first two.) And I finished "The Time Traveler's Wife". Our book club choice for the month. It's good, it was a little slow going although the story is interesting and the characters really draw you in . It has some "adult" parts that have to be skipped over, some interesting themes, and raises some good questions about what is good and bad, moral or not, the nature of existence, and examines what is really meaningful. It should be an interesting discussion.

Today ended at ...well, technically it's not quite ended yet but it looks like it soon will be. As soon as I am done here I am going to get ready for bed. It's 10:07 and just before sitting down here I got to scrub a potty that someone had trouble in and some other routine end of the day stuff. Now I am catching up on blogs and DH is untangling lights. We'll probably make it to bed before Letterman starts.

10 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

Wow, just reading that made me tired.

Mel said...

rvxgI don't know how you do it all!

Mel said...

Okay, I don't really know how that typo happened. Sleep tight, TX mommy!

Anne/kq said...

Wow, it sounds like you're handling it really well. Hang in there!

Cute favors. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, listening to your days makes me think I clearly don't do enough in my days. You are one busy woman!

utmommy said...

I hope the dresses make here on time!

Millie said...

This kind of busy-ness scares me. I admire you greatly. Hope the dresses make it on time and everyone looks wonderful. That hot cocoa favor idea is so adorable!

nikko said...

I enjoyed dropping the kiddos off at the church last night, too. Of course, it meant they were up past their bedtime and are tired today!

Good luck with everything!

Gabriela said...

wow, you sound busy. Good luck with EVERYTHING this holiday season. I can't wait to see wedding pictures!

Nettie said...

Is EVERY day like this?!? Excuse me, must go nap...