THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Preschool

It is our turn to host preschool this week. Our theme is the letter "P" and Thanksgiving.

For the letter P we painted pictures of our favorite P words. The boys painted for a long time.
Usually we have a project and they work awhile and then hop up to play. This time they all stayed at the table until I said it was time to finish up.

We had snack, that's E's favorite part. He likes to pick the snack when it's at our house. Today he picked "Cars" fruit snacks, apple chips and chocolate donut holes.

We talked about Thanksgiving and read Thanksgiving stories. I think the favorite was
"Twas the Night before Thanksgiving", its about a school field trip to a turkey farm. When the children learn of the turkey's fate they sneak them on the school bus. At the end the turkeys share thanksgiving dinner at the kid's homes as guests. The boys thought it was very funny.



Then we played the Thankful Turkey game. I have a stuffed turkey and they threw it to each other. Who ever caught it got to say something they were thankful for. It was darling. We have everything from I am thankful for Jesus Christ and my family to I am thankful for Clones.

Lastly we made Indian necklaces out of Apple Express cereal.

Now G is napping. H has a friend over to play since it was a half day for her and I am going to clean up cereal.

I am thankful for our cute little preschool and their sweet spirits and happy grins.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your preschool always looks like so much fun. We want to come too!

Anne/kq said...

Hahaha! When my two-year-old says her prayers, we start her off with "Thank You for Abba, thank You for Mama..." Pretty soon she's not only added in the baby, the cats, Grandma, Uncle Mike, etc., but she's listed every character on Sesame Street, Curious George, Superman, Lois, Jimmy, Perry, and would keep going if we didn't stop her! I love kids that age, they're so funny and precious. "Darling" is it, perfectly!

wendy said...

How cute - I did a preschool like that for our oldest, but it doesn't seem to be popular here. Maybe next year I will be able to get a group together for my little guy.