THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Stuff


The only thing worse than doing tons of laundry every day is not being about to do tons of laundry every day.

Over the weekend our washer broke. This was an event of great sadness. Although I'd love to take my two sweet kiddies to the laundromat with quarters and baskets of clothes and detergent and fabric softener in hand. And I know they'd love to spend hours there washing and drying the clothes, and running around touching everything, and jumping off the counters, and talking to strangers, and licking the washers and windows, and watching Jerry Springer on TV or whatever quality programming the "regulars" have on. I really just wanted my washer fixed and washing away in our house. I'm spoiled like that.
Luckily for me I have a DH who is pretty darn handy. He took it apart and poked around and found baby socks sucked into the motor (or whatever part it was). He took them out and after just 3 short days we were back in running order.

And then I spent yesterday washing approximately 1000000000 loads. And I get to fold them and put them away today....Not that I'm complaining.





Fall is in the air. Sweaters and coats are required! Yeah. I love fall.
















You know the sugar fun is over when your baby comes crying and limping over to you with a hurt foot and when you pick her up to examine the damage you discover that dreaded post Halloween affliction "sucker foot"! It's hard to walk with a sticky, hard ball stuck under your sock!

17 comments:

talitha said...

Oh, isn't it nice to have a Handy Hubby?? You have my sympathies on the make up laundry.

The sucker foot cracks me up!

wendy said...

Sucker foot! Waaahaaaa haaaa!

What a great guy - how handy that he was able to fix it for you. Bummer about the one million loads.

nikko said...

Lucy's sucker foot made me laugh out loud!

Joyismygoal said...

ROFLO and now coughing!!!
you are a hoot today
I was right there w/ in the laundramat even to the licking the doors,I could add watching mamas wonder why babies teeth are rotted and why they won't settle down as they suck on their baby bottles filled w/ cola.

The Amazing Trips said...

Sucker foot?? Oh no - - that's really lame!! (Get it? Lame??)

I can completely sympathize with the broken washing machine ... we were without ours for 5 days and it was torture! We paid to have someone come in to fix it (my husband was afraid to touch it!) and we also found baby socks had blown out the motor. I posted a story about that very subject on my blog back in ... may (?) and was told that we need to use those mesh bags because baby socks and face cloths clog up more washers than anything! (Such a pain to use, but not as big of a pain as being w/o a washer for week!)

Your halloween pictures are great - I especially love Harry Potter!

Anonymous said...

Love the "sucker foot." Made my day.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Amanda said...

LOL! I hear ya. Over the weekend I swear my laundry multiplies by 1000. I can't imagine if my washer wasn't working.

Cute picture of the sucker foot! lol

Millie said...

Hee hee, glad you took a picture of the sucker foot. That'll be precious someday.

I'm glad too that your hubby is so handy. We would've had to call the repair guy... and make up laundry is horrible (as I sit with an as-yet-unconnected new w/d set and the laundry mounting higher with every passing minute).

Awesome Mom said...

rofl that is too funny! I am glad you got your washer back.

Anne/kq said...

We put kiddie/baby socks in a mesh bag as they come off. No more hassle than putting them in the basket, and saves them from getting lost. :)

utmommy said...

Yeah for Mr. Fix-It!

Poor little Lucy and her sucker foot.

Suzanne said...

Isn't it funny how we don't realize the luxury of something (like doing laundry in our own home) until we can't? The thought of taking children to a laundromat makes me a little ill. LOL!

I have a handy hubby too! Isn't it great? I'm grateful because I'm just not handy at all.

The sucker foot is so funny! At least it wasn't gum right? :)

Unknown said...

LOL @ the sucker foot. And glad to hear your washer got fixed.

Karen

Lei said...

Lol at "sucker foot"! And yeah - love my washer (just hate using it ;)).

Lisa M. said...

*LAUGHING*

Okay, that was truly funny.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the sugar foot! LOL!!!!!

Anonymous said...

shoot - that was me, texasblu - blogger is really messing with my posts tonight!