THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Once upon a time...

A family celebrated Thanksgiving. In some ways it was a regular day. Sunny and bright. In other ways it wasn't, because we paused to feel gratitude for our many blessings.

E and S played Happy Land on the computer.

We set a lovely table with flowers that Grandma gave me and a vase from Grandma B.
DH spent the morning staining the railing on the front porch and the back deck. J and H both helped.

E and G played blocks.

G wore her new Thanksgiving pinafore over her dress. (and threw the turkey around the room)
We ate a lot. H didn't like the yams, everyone else was happy. We have lots of food left over, but no yams.
The boys ended the evening with a friendly game of Battle field.

After the little kids went to bed we watched "Code Breaker", which was good. Sad.

It was a good day.

Today I am grateful for my health.
My family.
Our families that live too far away and that we miss a lot every day but especially on holidays.
That Anna is doing well and feeling better each day.
That D is getting married soon and will have a happy life.
That the sun shines.
That the kids are bright and fun and growing.
That I could spend a lot of time with them this week.
That the Savior atoned for my sins and I can live with Him again if I am obedient.
That Papa and Grandma live nearby.
That our country is free.
That we have soldiers willing to fight to keep it that way.
For a living prophet.
For our friends.
For Millie.
For the Book of Mormon.
For a nice husband.
For pumpkin pie.
For books.
For many many things.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

3 comments:

utmommy said...

We missed you guys a lot yesterday!

wendy said...

You know how to put on a great Thanksgiving! I love the pictures!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving you had (and such great photos to go with it!)