THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

This and That going on right now

H lost a tooth last night. Then when she was washing it off it got rinsed down the drain. I was proud of her, she didn't cry she just got a piece of paper and wrote the tooth fairy a note explaining what had happened and stuck that on her side table. Our tooth fairy is VERY lame. She may be the lamest TF ever. This morning when DH saw the note he ran and took care of business and H woke up to the first time ever the TF came through on the first night! Way to go DH. She thought it odd that she left a paper dollar instead of the usual change (scrounged from the bottom of the diaper bag) but was happy with her take none the less.

One month until the wedding. I can't believe it. Plans are going great. The bridesmaid dresses arrived and didn't fit at all. Grandma was able to fix them though and they look lovely. Brother's tux is here. Flower girl dresses are in route. D's dress is done and she LOVES it. Flowers are being finalized, invitations addressed. Food is decided on and decorations are planned. D's having a shower on Saturday. They went and registered and this is very funny. There are 4 people with D's same name registered at Target and getting married in the next two months. First and last name. One is the groom, Daniel _______ and his bride getting married in FL. Then there are three girls. I thought that was crazy. Who would have thought that 4 people with the same name all over the country would all be getting married at the same time.

It's the end of our first school trimester. That means exams and stress for the big girls.

DH is traveling. He is going to CA this week, England next. Hopefully he'll be home for Thanksgiving. He's scheduled to be but so far he has never been sent over the pond without having his trip extended.

Both my sisters, or I guess I should say two of my sisters, are sick. Anna is in the hospital with a bad colon AGAIN. They want to take it out, she wants to keep it in and try and have a baby. She's had colitis since college and it's really been pretty awful. Every year she is hospitalized. It seems so unfair that I have 6 kids and she is trying to have just one. Hopefully things will go well, she'll have a remission and a pregnancy and then she can have it removed.

MSV is recovering from her broken back. She has had a bad year too. She had a hysterectomy last year and was diagnosed with epilepsy a year or so before that. This summer she got West Nile Virus and her DH was cheated by his partner and had to switch jobs which has been a real trial for them. She's walking bad luck! Despite all that she is always faithful and cheerful and does what's right. I have awesome little sisters who are great examples to me. They are thinking of moving to TX again and I really, really hope they do. Of course I don't get a vote but I can still hope.

Christmas is only a month and a half away or a little more I guess and I haven't even begun to think about it at all. I have not one present bought, not one recipe chosen, not one jingle bell tolling a gentle tune in my head. None of the kids have even started their listing of what they want. How crazy is that? This might be okay except we're going to be gone a lot of Dec and I am the ward party princess and in charge of our ward party so I'd better get a move on it. We have our chili cook off next weekend, and dinner groups this weekend and then the party will get my attention. Not that anyone cares but this calling has moved from 2nd least favorite to actual least favorite. That means I will be planning parties for the next decade at least. Maybe when brother turns 8 cub scouts will save me!

Lastly I am hosting dinner group this weekend, with DH gone and the bathroom not painted yet. And I am not even worried about it, at least I remember that next week is my turn to teach preschool! Which has nothing to do with dinner groups except that it's something else I need to remember to do. I do wish DH would be here, not that he's any help in the kitchen but because he is a charming host and likes to socialize so I am sad he'll miss the fun.

9 comments:

utmommy said...

If I was living there I would help you with all the party planning. You've got a lot going on, sounds oh so fun.

Suzanne said...

Oh my goodness...You have a lot of things on your plate right now. Good luck getting through the next couple of months!

It must be hard to have your husband away. Hopefully, he will be back in time for the holiday celebrations! :)

nikko said...

Ack! I almost typed your real name. :o) I should come over and help you paint -- if I thought I could actually be of any help with little P. He's so demanding lately.

You sure do have a lot on your plate. I can arrange a cub scout calling for you (**wink wink**) if you'd like. ;o)

Joyismygoal said...

I will help you paint it would be good Therapy for me we could take your littleonesto Nikko on Thurs what do you say?

wendy said...

Sometimes when I have too much to do, I get into a grove and am really productive. What an exciting fall you will be having!

I have to giggle, I haven't been reading your blog very long, and I didn't realize the ages of your children, and I thought the fishing pictures was maybe you and your dh from your dating days! Silly me!

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy, busy. You must be getting really excited about the wedding. It's so close.

Sorry your DH is gone so much. That would be a big bummer if he wasn't back for Thanksgiving.

Oh, and way to go tooth fairy. Our tooth fairy is quite forgetful too.

Millie said...

That silly fairy, she's bad at our house too. That is, if I'm in charge of her.

Nettie said...

Wow! You are a busy woman! And it must be pretty bad if you are hoping to be saved by a cub scout calling.

The tooth fairy is so lame at our house that sometimes they will stick the envelope on my desk or on my pillow instead (the ones that know). The ones that don't get told, oh she hasn't got to the W's yet (our last name is thanfully at the end of the alphabet!)

Amanda said...

Phew! I am worn out just reading your list of things to do!

Sorry about your sister's being ill.

Our tooth fairy is pretty lame too. Once she even forgot to take the tooth. Duh!! She left the money but forgot the tooth.