THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

say a little prayer for my sister

My sister Anna is number five in our family. When she was little we called her Honey, because her hair was golden and her disposition sweet. I'm not sure what to write, what words to use to express the feelings I have, the fear this day brings, the hopes we hold for the future.
We have a big family and we siblings like to sit and compare who is fastest, smartest, dads favorite. Who has the biggest feet, or the smelliest. Who is doing well, who is funny, who is smart. I guess it's normal. It's normal for us. Anna is the smartest, its unanimous. She was born with a keen intellect. (which she proved by being valedictorian twice ~once in HS and once at BYU-H) She also has the fattest feet :) She's well traveled and a good cook. She's easy going, funny, compassionate and cheerful. She is obedient and happily married. She's really just a very good, very nice person.

Now the bad news. Anna has been sick for 10 years with ulcerated colitis which doesn't sound so bad until you know what it means. When we play "would you rather" and the choice is between having what Anna has and almost anything else, anything else wins. Including swimming with sharks, eating grubs and losing a limb.
Today, after all those years, many hospitalizations, more drugs than we can count and being really sick for a really long time she is having her colon removed. If all goes well it will be a cure and she is excited and hopeful and of course scared. You know it's been bad if a bag seems the better option.

So if you have a moment today join us in a prayer for Anna. Her family will be praying and fasting as we have many times before. She has a skilled surgeon and a good attitude and hopefully everything will go great. I love you sister.

BTW~ this isn't a very good picture of her

9 comments:

Mel said...

Such a sweet and touching post! Anna will be in my thoughts and prayers today. I hope the surgery is a success.

owlhaven said...

Praying for your sis.

Thanks for helping celebrate my 2 year old's birthday!

Mary, mom to many

nikko said...

Hugs and prayers for Anna. Let us know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Definitely saying a prayer for her and all of you. I hope it all goes very very well.

utmommy said...

Poor sister. I hope all goes well with her. She'll be so much happier. We all love her soooo much!

wendy said...

My sister Anna is #6 in our family. She is a beauty and she is hilarious. Don't you love big families. I'm sorry that your sister is so sick. I hope the surgery goes perfectly and she feels better in no time.

Joyismygoal said...

She is so lovely,and your post to her was sweet I will add her to my prayers for my Mother who has added pnemonia, to the heart trouble, bad infection, back surgery and possible pulmonary embulism.

Azul said...

Just read your post and the one above saying that she made it through surgery ok. I will be praying for her recovery. God bless them, Sisters are the best, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous! Hope everything goes well, she will be in my prayers.
Love, Jaelle
www.homeschoolblogger.com/jaelle