THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday

Lucy loves baby dolls more than anything. She often plays with them and kisses them and lugs them around.
The girls got new dresses in the mail this week from Nana. They were excited to wear them today and looked sweet.

We had ward conference today. It went well. My class went well, I was glad. I am shocked how difficult this class is for me. I am surprisingly not good at it. I like the kids well enough. Each one individually is wonderful; collectively they are bright and lively and sometimes rude and too talkative. It's a struggle to get their attention and to keep it. Also the text is difficult. We are studying the Old Testament and are very near the end; Ezekiel this week and next I think. We just finished Isaiah. And it's hard to teach. I guess I need to work harder. I'm really looking forward to next year and the New Testament. That will be much easier and more fun.

Today is Papa's birthday. It's been so great having him live so close by this past year. He is a wonderful man, a wonderful dad, and an awesome grandpa. He is a perfect example of a Christ like man and I am grateful to have him here so we can benefit from that on a daily basis. Soon they will be leaving on a mission (hopefully next summer or early fall) and I can't wait. This has been his dream as long as I can remember and I know he'll be such a good missionary. Tonight we're going over to celebrate!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I taught Old Testament for early-morning Seminary a few year ago. The key was to make it applicable, fun and spiritual. I found a lot of great material from ldsseminaryfiles.com (I think they've since merged with another company).

wendy said...

I have been in a primary presidency for most of my married life. I love primary, but I have only taught an actually primary class for a few months - not including nursery where i put in a strong 18 months. I was just released as PP a few weeks ago in preparation for our move and have been sub-ing in primary ever since.

Guess what? Teaching those punk kids is a lot of work. And those lessons are kind of dry. And 45 minutes can really drag on. And even though they are older, they still like to run off down the halls and get lost. I guess I'm not as cool as I thought. But, I think teaching the CTR 7's is my goal for our next ward. I don't want to be the boss of anything, again, for a while.

Joyismygoal said...

I love teaching teens because it is hard it is then so rewarding when someone finally either 'gets it' or asks a real question I bet you are really good at it. Your Dad is such a fine man up there w/ some of the best i have ever met. I hope he had a nice B-day

Amanda said...

Cute pictures! Honestly teaching kids scares me. I taught RS for awhile and loved it. I taught primary for awhile too and I didn't enjoy it as much.

utmommy said...

I'm glad you have that calling and not me. You are so good with teens, I'm sure they all love you!