THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Future gourmet

With DH gone I decided to go all out and make a lovely, homemade, nutricious, dinner from scratch.
kidding.
I really made taquitos and french fries. Kid friendly fare for sure.
H decided she hated it and skipped dinner.
At bedtime she was, of course, very hungry.
Normally she would have had to sit with us at dinner and would have ended up eating but I was on the phone with a friend that I hadn't talked to in several years and was pretty much just putting plates in front of kids.
Normally we eat dinner together, sitting down at the table, talking or if no one can think of anything to talk about playing "would you rather" every night but you know, DH is gone right now. If you are reading this dear we did remember to say prayers and read scriptures!
So at bedtime she made herself some oatmeal. And ate it. And I guess really is that any less nutritious than taquitos?
She was happy and I guess sometimes it's good to do something unexpected.

My friend whoI was talking to now lives in WY. She was telling me about her family and then she said that she is into river rafting and guides tours and works doing team building activities for youth. Sounds very fun. Then she asked me what I was up to, and we had already discussed the kids so what did that question mean? I said, rather lamely, that I had read a book recently. Maybe I need a hobby...oh wait, I have a bathroom to paint, and 200 invitations to finish addressing, and dinner groups to cook for...

When she lived here Renee drove a jeep. I was jealous. I remember my jeep driving days. I went to the my jr prom in a jeep, formal gown & hair blowing in the wind, it was so fun.
I remember many drives in the dessert, over rocks, in the mountains, down to the beach with a surf board strapped on top, and over city streets in that fun jeep. We almost took the jeep to the hospital when D was born, but at the last minute I said no and we got out and into the Honda and that was the end of jeep days for me. How weird that I remember that. Well, I never claimed to have a cool bone in my body :)

This was not said by way of complaint, just a comment. BTW :)

9 comments:

Nettie said...

You should have referred her to your Nov. 8th blog post. That would have explained what you "do" for sure!

Anonymous said...

Huh, I wouldn't have pictured you in a jeep. :-)

Suzanne said...

I fondly think of younger days too, with hair blowing in the wind and not a care in the world. Now my life is filled with poop and Sesame Street. Not that I'm complaining, but gosh, those Jeep days were fun.

Maybe you could get a Jeep again someday! I'll bet there's a cool bone inside you just waiting to get out! :)

nikko said...

One of my favorite things to do is drive DH's red sporty truck with the windows down and the radio on. Of course, this never really flies with the little monkeys. I have to do it sans kiddos. They're not really into music and they say they don't like the wind. Party Poopers!

utmommy said...

I loved the jeep too! Haven't been in one since I was married though.

wendy said...

I always wanted a jeep!

My dh is gone for the next couple of weeks, too (he should be home the day before Thanksgiving) and I have been having a hard time fixing real dinners, too. Last night the kids had Mac'n cheese. mmm.

Anonymous said...

Cant' wait till my 3-year can make his own food. Right now, he can bake pizza, grill steak and make ice cream.

Of course, all these are Play-Doh.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Joyismygoal said...

Oh i miss Renee too she is just cool:)andwe all have different seasons of our lives w/ 2 teens that is perfect for herand being a mom and Party princess worksfor you for now. But any time you want to ride w/ the wind blowing we can take out the Minivanand go:)I do it often:)

Anne/kq said...

My daughter has definite food preferences! She eschews iceberg lettuce in favor of spinach greens and Romaine, especially with a good garlicky Ceasar dressing, she astonished a room full of adults by eating Indian food at 14 months and loved Ethiopian food at 16 months, she often chooses soup or chicken over pizza, she does NOT want a kids' meal, she wants STEAK, medium-rare, if you please, and when we eat Asian cuisine, she must eat with CHOPSTICKS, thank you very much.

I see this as a good thing, in general. ;)