THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, November 13, 2006

Park Day Fun

We went to the playground this morning. My camera batteries expired so I only have two shots :(

We have had a little bit of trouble with behavior lately and I think the problem is too much TV and x-box and other screens. Our boy,who has always been adorable and agreeable is lately whiny and cries and doesn't want to go outside to play and doesn't sit still in Sacrament Meeting and complains about the food he is served. It's not pretty. I told him this morning he got 1/2 hour of the screen of his choice then it's done for the day. "Just til Daddy gets home?" he asked. Nope, for a long long time.

When my big girls were little I took them to the park almost every day. I did daycare in my home too so we always had friends over and they played and didn't watch TV at all during the day...well sometimes but very rarely. I think that was better. I'm not going to say no screens ever but we're making an effort to cut back.

6 comments:

utmommy said...

We get that same problem around here sometimes.

What a good little climber!

Anonymous said...

That's a good plan. Hope it helps some. I remember always being outside playing when I was little.

Millie said...

Good idea. We're having the same trouble here, and their screen time will become more limited as well (just a little at a time - don't want them to go into shock). I love that your son is wearing shorts. :)

Unknown said...

They're banned at our house. Of course, my kids are still young but I had a brother who was ADDICTED (yes, addicted) and that's all he ever did. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth!

Awesome Mom said...

I hate it when my kids watch too much TV. I feel bad and they are whiny also. I try and keep it pretty limited but some days it is just easier to turn the tv on. We will be severely limiting any kind of game system play in this house. We just have an ancient Nintendo64 and that is hidden away somewhere in our garage.

wendy said...

We didn't even have a TV when the older girls were little. I was very creative then. I think blogging is really bringing me down to a new low level of mom-hood. The big girls head to school, I put on a Thomas movie and sit down here to put my thoughts out in the blog world. Poor John.

I am trying to do better, too, and today I took him out to the park where we dug in the mud with his dump truck. I felt like a good mom, and he got some much needed fresh air!