THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

bedtime, I laugh at you!


In the summer we have a horrible problem with getting to bed. It's light out so long, first of all. Last night after dinner it was hot and the girls wanted to swim. DH and brother were playing Battlefront. So we called up the stairs to them and told them we were going outside. Before we made it to the gate little man was with us (this being made possible by the fact that he never takes off his swim trunks in order that he will be ready at all times to hop in the pool at a moment's notice) Big man was not far behind (apparently he can get changed really quickly when needed).
When we came in it was 9. Then I went to get J and Amy and took them home, then we had FHE. By the time DH and I got to bed it was 11, with no time to relax and watch our favorite food network shows before turning off the lights and going to sleep.
I don't even know when the big girls go to bed...I hear the keyboard until midnight or later sometimes and they watch movies that start at midnight.
Benjamin Franklin would shake his head at us!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Summer bedtimes are so hard! My sone has been trying to finish reading the book of mormon by his birthday next month. He told me the other night he has been staying up until 10 or later trying to read. I had no idea. No wonder he has been so tired and cranky lately.

Evening swims sound like so much fun! :D

Amanda said...

Make that son, not sone. ;)

Chellie said...

That sounds like my house... my two year old is a night owl and finally dozed off at 12:15!!!!! After starting the going to bed process at 9. No one sleeps in either-- I'm getting tired, how about you?

Anne/kq said...

Bedtime?

What's a bedtime?

My daughter has inherited my congenital insomnia and wacked-out sleep schedule.

Tori :) said...

Summer is hard. It stays lite out until 10 and then the sun is back up before 6am. And Taj thinks if the sun is up, he should be awake. Ugh.

Suzanne said...

We have a hard time in the summer too. There always seem to be too many fun activities to cram in the day. Kudos for still doing FHE that late! Sadly, we've bagged it more than once when we've run out of time.

wendy said...

I think because we are closer to the equater, there is no big difference in evening light. I kind of like those late, light nights!

nikko said...

Ugh. I hear you.

We had the most awful time Sunday night trying to get our kids to sleep. We started at 7;30 and I don't think they were all asleep till after 10. It was exhausting, to say the least.

Joyismygoal said...

I have nightmares w/ the memories