THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

unwanted swimming guests


Tonight DH was swimming with H and E while I was fixing dinner. Millie started barking her head off at the bushes and was real upset, DH went to look and saw a big snake eating a bird. They didn't know what kind it was so the kids got out of the pool and ran inside, screaming "there's a rattle snake in the pool, there's a rattle snake in the pool!"

Grizzly Adams came inside and got his shot gun and went back out and shot it's head off. Then we lifted it up and saw it was a rat snake, non venomous but a biter!
Our neighbor came over to check it out, he had killed one in his garage recently.


This morning we had more pleasant visitors as Angela and her girls came to swim with us. Also the Beria's, my friends since I was a kid, came to visit and it was so fun to see them. Andrea, who is my age, moved here to Fort Worth recently. Her parents were just visiting for two days. It was fun to catch up. Andrea and I are going to get together with our families later in the summer.
J went to the orthodontist. We went to story time at the library.
Millie is our hero!

16 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so scary!! Hurray for millie!

SoDak Angel said...

tee hee...Grizzly Adams shot it's head off! Still giggling.....ack--So Dak Angel + snakes = no thank you.

maggie moran said...

Ew! We had a rat snake who lived in our basement for years. Nice to have as long as he respects his boundaries and eats his own mice, no coming upstairs for the store bought stuff. It freaks workers out to see the skins, though. :D

nikko said...

We found a rat snake in our backyard (in the sandbox!!) last summer. Not fun!

Tori :) said...

Eek! You definitely don't wanna swim with a "biter." And it Texas it very well could have been a rattlesnake! Scary!

Super Happy Girl said...

Yikes!!
Hooray for shot gun-killing snakes :)

Cheri said...

Good thing your husband was there to take care of that- I would have freaked out if I had been home by myself and found that!

Chellie said...

uh.. totally not cool with snakes!! I would have been running in the house with the kids! :)

attack of The Mouse said...

I hate snakes, in fact just the word sends shrill right up my spine. Already I feel like this comment is too creapy because it has the s. word in it. I am so glad your DH did what he did. One less s to worry about.

Anne/kq said...

You know what's scary? Some rat snakes have bred with rattlers. (In your area, too.) They look like regular rat snakes but they're venemous! Eek!

Lisa M. said...

Oh gross-
Yuck-

We have snakes in our yard too, at times-

Ugg.

Suzanne said...

Yikes! I think I'd freak out if I came close to a big snake like that. Thank goodness your dog was there to warn you! :)

Pirate Princess said...

ewwwwwww....

I really don't miss those. Although I hear where we are moving to there are some that sometimes make it over... sigh.

Good for Grizzly Adams. My Mama always said "A good snake is a dead one." Mama is wise. ;)

Mel said...

Yikes, that really gives me the eeby jeebies;)

Glad you took care of it.

Debbie said...

that is so gross! to me there is nothing worse then snakes. good job getting rid of it:)

Phae-Jae said...

I have a big fear of snakes and wasps. I prefer them dead.