THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

we made it!

We're here! yeah! What should have been a 12 hour drive turned into a 14 hour one because of traffic in every major city along the way. Lucy cried and complained for about 10 of those hours but the rest of the kids travelled great.

Louisiana is my least favorite state. We've been there, traveling though, 3 times so far and each time I am underwhelmed. It's beautiful but the restrooms aren't clean and we had the worst Mc Donalds dining experience this time (to add to other bad experiences in the past).
We had been driving all day and eating in the car from our cooler but were planning on a stop for dinner and running around in the evening. We pulled into some town just past Baton Rouge and looked for a restaurant with a play area. You know it's not going to be fine cuisine when you are basing your choice by the playground. I was really hoping they would have a BK with a play area but not, so we ended up at McD (not my favorite by far). Their salads aren't bad though and since playing was our top priority we pulled in. While ordering we discovered "the staff was all new", they were out of all salads, out of all Shrek stuff, and had a tenuous grasp of the English language at best. However we were there already there (sigh) and pressed on.
Then while we were waiting for our food brother went down the slide and came out covered in the contents of someone else's diaper. ..pausing for the dance of disgust....
DH went to get him a change of clothes and bathed him in the bathroom. We complained to the manager who did not comp our meal, and took another 20 minutes to come and clean it up and didn't tell other trapped parents with small children other diners to stay out of the play set or even put up a warning cone.
We did. As a public service.

Moving one, we arrived. We're well, it's lovely, T&D are gracious hosts, the boys are off flying and we're excited for a fun day!

10 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

Ewww! That is the worst McD story I have ever heard! Double EwWW.

Other than that, it sounds sooo fun! We leave for Florida in a few weeks we are going through Atlanta and down.

Mel said...

I can't stand McD playland. Grosses me out every time. Poor brother:(

Glad to hear you made it safely there:)

Tori :) said...

My parents are both of Louisiana and it's never been real cool hangin out there. I definitely prefer Texas!!

Joyismygoal said...

Still dancing hhhhuuuuuuhhh!!!!! so sorry, glad you got there safe, DW will be all the nicer for the terrible travling experience(:B note th MM ears

Anonymous said...

The Mc D near our house when we lived in Idaho had what appeared to be a clean playground, but both times I let my kids play in it, we spent the next week with the stomach flu! If I were you, I would send an email to McD's corporate office about the service and upkeep at their location. I used to work for McD's (my very first job) and I know that they take these sorts of things very seriously. If you start at the top instead of talking to a district manager or something, you'll get a much quicker response.

utmommy said...

Yuck. Doin the dance with you.

Anne/kq said...

Eeeeeeew.

You know what state is great to drive through? Arizona! Clean restrooms, hardly any litter on the highway, we've never been stopped by cops for some ridiculous charge, and the restaurants are, for the most part, staffed by courteous, friendly, not-stupid people, and are very clean.

I want another vacation to Flagstaff, that was fun last time we went... *wanders off*

nikko said...

That is definitely the worst restaurant story. Yuck. There's a McD's just south of Waco that we stopped at once on the way to Austin... Never again...

Glad you made it safely. We swam in your pool this afternoon. It was great! Thank you!

Suzanne said...

Oh my goodness, that is nasty about the diaper! At least there was a change of clothing for him, but I'll bet that bathing him in the bathroom was disgusting too! I'm glad you arrived safely and hopefully things are better (and much cleaner) now! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh poor brother! YUCK!!!!!

Glad you're there safe - have a great time! :)