THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Weekend recap

Friday night I told Tori I had been trying to get an appointment with our ward chiropractor. I have never been; but have had various complaints over the years: minor lower back problems, random chest pains that have been diagnosed as reflux (but I just have never thought that was all of it.) Earlier this week I had a lot of problems with my chest thing and several of my good friends convinced me that I should go to him.
Honestly I have tried a lot of stuff and a lot of 'traditional' doctors and it hasn't been satisfactory. I want to feel great and to be able to be healthy for a long time yet to come. I have felt like I need to take control of my health and do something to improve it and this is a topic DH and I discuss a lot. When they talked to me about seeing him I felt very good about it so even though he's not on our insurance I talked with DH about it and we agreed I'd give it a try. So when I couldn't get in to see him I was discouraged . Then Tori told me that Emma had a new patient appointment the next morning and I could take it instead of her. Fabulous! I was really glad. We asked Emma to make sure she was fine with it and she was so Saturday morning, bright and earlier, I was off.

I felt a little silly because a) at that exact moment I wasn't having a lot of pain or trouble and b) I feel like I should be well and feel good and strong always and when I don't I feel guilty about it and c) I know him and think he's the nicest guy ever and I didn't want to be a big whiny baby to him. But I fought those feelings and went and even though I felt so ridiculous he was so nice and patient and kind. I wasn't sure what to expect but I thought it went well. He did some x-rays and found several things, first of all my pelvis and rib cage were both higher on one side than the other and out of alignment, also my under wire bra had an under wire on one side and not the other...a fact I knew but forgot I was wearing that one, and he thankfully didn't mention but I found it very distracting while looking at the x-rays. The adjustment felt good and he gave me some exercises and I felt like it was a good visit. I'll go back several times and I guess we'll see if it helps or how it turns out.

We spent the rest of the day getting stuff ready for our trip, cleaning up, doing load after load of laundry, shopping. Emma came over in the afternoon and the kids and DH spent some time in the pool. Which was nice since we've had a lot of rain. In the evening we left the kiddos and went to the bookstore to get some stuff for the trip and on a quick date. We had to go to Mom and Dad's to see how to water their lawn. They are going to be in CA all summer and need their lawn to stay green and nice so hopefully someone will want to buy it. When we got home we folded clothes.

Today we went to church, made Zuppa Tuscana for dinner out of kale and potatoes from the wedding, had M&D over for one last dinner before they leave, went to Tiffany's graduation open house, folded more clothes, packed the suitcases, made our list so we don't forget anything in the morning, got Millie off (actually the Steers came and picked her up which was so nice), got our wonderful pool helpers trained and told the mail picker upper where the key was! (thanks everyone for all the help!)

So in the morning we're off. We're very exicted. I am sure we will forgot something and the drive will be tedious but then we'll be there and it'll be sooo fun :)

10 comments:

Lisa M. said...

Oh, have fun, my friend! You deserve it!

nikko said...

Mmmm... Zuppa Toscana is one of my favorites! Hope you have a safe drive today!

Joyismygoal said...

That soup is great,I made it again too. I hope you have the best time and do your exercises

Tori :) said...

Your lopsided bra could be the sole source of your problems... Just kidding.
Sounds like a great weekend!

Mel said...

Giggling here about the underwire bra!

Enjoy your trip, you deserve it!

utmommy said...

So jealous! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I hope your chiropractor helps with your problems....I am a believer!!! I love the underwire bra thing...too funny. Zuppa Toscana is one of my favorites...YUM!!! Have fun on your trip.

I have a good life said...

Glad your visit went okay! The bra thing is too funny! He sees much more embarassing things, though, so don't worry! I really hope your visits help you. I am going to miss you while your gone...so take lots of pictures, have lots of fun, and relish the break from "real life!"

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time! :)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that puts those things off - I'm supposed to go in for a look over this week with a chiropractor... extremely nervous.

Too funny about the bra... I couldn't get by with it - everyone would notice! *blush*

hugz!

Suzanne said...

I hope you have a fantastic time on your trip! I can't wait to see pictures when you get back! :)