THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 14, 2007

home again home again, jiggity jig

We're home.
Our trip was awesome! The beach days were lovely. The gulf water is so warm and clear and we had so much fun on the boats, playing in the sand, and all the beachy stuff.
Disney was wonderful.
Brother's favorite thing was the Lion King Show.
H loved breakfast with the princesses.
I think Lou's would be either Small World, or the hotel pool!
I will have to survey the big girls and see what they liked. Some day we will go back and see more, there is so much there. It really is a magical place.
Yesterday we had decide whether to stay one more day or drive home.
It was a tough choice. Only S was clear on her vote to come home. I was torn, I didn't want to end the fun and another beach day would be nice but on the other hand we were exhausted and anxious to get that drive behind us so we drove.
Right now, sitting on the couch watching the kids run around and play with their long lost favorite things, I am so glad.
Yesterday: not so much.
We had a long drive.

Things overheard in the car as we drove:
  • Lou crying
  • "she's touching my car seat"
  • Lucy saying "I stink" (a ploy to get out of her seat for a diaper change...pretty desperate)
  • "put your nose by her bottom and see if she really stinks"
  • "she always stinks...but I think it's just her seat I smell"
  • "pass me a water"
  • "pass me a bag of chips"
  • Lou crying
  • "pass me the water"
  • "what is that smell?"
  • "her foot is touching me"
  • "pass me the...."
  • "we already watched that one"
  • "H is touching the fast forward!!"
  • Lou crying.
  • "what state are we in?"
  • "are we in TX yet?"
  • repeated a billion times over the course of 14 gruelling hours

I love my kids so much. I think they are smart and cute and fun to be with. The older they get the more fun they are. I am glad I am a mom. That said...there are days. Days when I wonder what kind of insanity made me feel like this was a good idea. Days when I am trapped with tired cranky kids for hours of driving, for example. Some days when I take them out in public and wonder if they were raised by wolves, and then I remember oh, that would be me that raised them but I am pretty sure I don't approve of this wildness. Other random days, that I don't remember right now, which is probably why I have six kids. I have a bad memory :)

8 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

Welcome home dear! I enjoyed the pool 4-5 times, Thanks:). I have a question I will call you about later, glad you had fun magical trip sorry about the drive:(

Cheri said...

Reading this post makes me tremble- we are leaving in a few weeks for a 16 hour drive to South Dakota.
There will be 3 children in the car with us!!
I'm already praying for a peaceful car ride but I have my doubts about that!!!!

nikko said...

Welcome Home. We enjoyed babysitting your pool while you were gone and hopefully you found your mail and your key.

Hmm... Your detail of yesterday's car escapade is making me fear our planned trip. Hopefully we'll all survive.

I'm glad you had Such A Fun Time and I can't wait to hear more about it.

Chellie said...

glad you are home and safe and getting back to the comforts you are surrounded by. :)
You are daring to drive. I am all about flying! If it is more than a 5 hour drive and there is a flight available-- we fly! :) Otherwise our car ride would sound a lot like yours!! :)

Suzanne said...

I'm glad you made it back safely. LOL at the conversation in the car. I could totally picture that happening to me, but we haven't been brave enough to have the kids in the car for more than a couple of hours at a time. It sounds like it was a trip to remember! :)

Anne/kq said...

I am so, so glad my kids are excellent road-trippers.

Phae-Jae said...

I'm happy you are safely home! Love all the pictures. We are leaving for Florida in two weeks!!

I have a good life said...

Glad you are back! And...you made it in time to see S before they leave, since it looks like they will be leaving quickly. I meant to visit the pool in your absence, but...I was too busy. Now we'll have to come when you are there...it is much more fun that way anyway!