THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 28, 2007

training in earnest

Lucy wants to be a big girl. She's been sitting on the potty a lot. Nothing happens, until yesterday. She sat down and made some little poops. Wow. We danced and cheered and praised.

So I guess it's time to get down to business. I got some plastic pants, underwear and treats and we're off. To tell the truth this will be the first time I ever potty trained anyone. When D was a baby and hit "the right age" I thought I'd better be a good mom and get to it. It didn't go well and after a few days I decided to wait. Well, one day when she was near three years old she said to me "mom, I want to go to Wal mart and get Ariel panties." Okay. We went and she never had a single accident. Not one. This was the plan for me. That same method worked swimmingly for S and J and E and pretty much for H with a little more coaxing and some fine tuning needed but that's a different story.
Lou doesn't really talk well, although she is improving, and is still in her crib at night and seems like the baby but she is almost 2 1/2 so I guess it's time to teach this old mom and new trick and we'll be jumping through the training hoops for awhile. Wish us luck. If nothing else we'll be having M&M's around and thats a good thing:)

4 comments:

attack of The Mouse said...

Good Luck!! I think the way you potty trained your older kids sounds like a dream. L. will do great I know. (enjoy the treats)

utmommy said...

Good Luck Lou!!

Joyismygoal said...

Go lucy go and I do mean go :)

Anne/kq said...

Good luck!

Emma is past 3, approaching 3 1/2 and is still resistant. We've given up three times now.

I think it's time to pull out the heavy guns and do what my mom did-- let her finish this round of pull-ups, then tell her they're all gone and we're not getting any more, give her the panties and a few changes of clothes, and say, "You can use the toilet now. Everyone has accidents and wets their pants sometimes when they are learning to use the potty, and that's okay. So if you get wet, just take off the wet clothes and put them in the bath tub and put some clean ones on." Then give her NO ATTENTION when she wets but praise her to the skies when she goes in the toilet...

But I'm not quite brave enough for that yet. *sigh* If she is not trained by the time she's 3 1/2 (beginning of October), I'll do it.