THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, June 25, 2007

Today I'm Five!

Today is brother's birthday. He turned 5! The past few weeks have been filled with a lot of discussion about how to celebrate. He had lots of ideas that ran the gamut from a big party with a bouncy house, to a couple friends going to play putt putt. Finally we decided that since he had a big party last year this year he would chose two friends and celebrate with them. He chose Ryan and C.

The plan was to go play putt putt golf, come home and play x-box, eat cake and then swim.

When the boys arrived it was getting overcast. We headed out and they had a great time. We started with a round of golf. It was so cute to watch them play. They would hit the ball a good number of times, or just scoot it with their clubs. When it finally fell in the hole they'd shout out 2 or 3! very enthusiastically.

After golfing we went to look at the rides. We had a Monday madness pass that gave them each one ride. First they wanted to ride the race track, but C wasn't tall enough and R didn't want to so then they decided on the airplane. Which they liked.

When they were done we went and let H ride the go cart and the boys cheered. By that time they were hot and thirsty so we went inside and everyone got a soda and then we played games.

After the games, and an hour at the prize table with four kids each spending 100+ points on tootsie rolls, erasers and other 5 pt prizes (the part of the trip where I had to take a couple deep breaths as I kept track of every one's points and how many they would have left if they chose any number of combinations of wonderful prizes, while I silently cursed the makers of little plastic doo dads and whirly gigs) Finally everyone had their prizes chosen and we were done.


When we got home it was raining, which put the kibosh on the swimming plans. The boys still had so much fun. We opened presents and they played with them. We grilled hot dogs and ate cake and sang Happy Birthday.

Very Very FUn!!!

11 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

Congrats on winning (see post below).

Ya'll have such fun times! Happy birthday Brother! Five is a GREAT age! :)

Lei said...

I join you in cursing those makers, lol! I have those tiny gadgets all over my house! Gahhhhhhhhh! Lol.

nikko said...

Aha! I knew his bday was this week, but I didn't know which day. Happy Birthday, E!

And, that also explains why you weren't home each time I tried to call. :o) Glad you guys had fun!

I have a good life said...

C had a great time! He was so tired that he fell asleep on the way home (always a sign of a good party!). Even in pictures C and E could be twins! It is uncanny. Did anyone ask you if they were?

utmommy said...

Happy Birthday E!

The cake turned out cute!

Joyismygoal said...

Happy happy Birthday E!!!! wow you are so old now!!! it sounds like you had a blast despite the cheap prizes for the hard earned points.

Mel said...

Happy Birthday E! Love the cake!

Anne/kq said...

Happy birthday to the big boy! And I feel your pain about the prize table. At Chuck E. Cheese near us, they don't even mark where the line starts. So Ems got really really frustrated last time we were there as they took five groups before us before we figured out where to stand to be helped (while they ignored us asking where the line started.)

Anyway, I tried to find Robin's I'm Five for you but couldn't. Happy birthday to him anyway. :)

Suzanne said...

That would have been hilarious to see those little boys playing mini golf! I can just imagine. The car cake is adorable. Happy Birthday, Brother! :)

wendy said...

Happy Birthday Mr. 5 year old! Sounds like a terrific day!

I love that car cake - wanna give us the directions?

attack of The Mouse said...

Happy B-Day H. Sounds like a super fun party. I love the cake. I'm with Wendy -wanna give us the directions? It is super cute.