THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Today is a day set aside to celebrate fathers. I feel very fortunate to have an awesome dad. Here he is with Lucy dancing in the living room.

I have always been crazy about my dad. When I was little he was always kind and gentle with us. He worked hard, always having two jobs, yet came home and was patient and interested in the family. He never complained about helping at home and did a lot of work there too.
He's not an avid sports man but I know he went to my brothers games anyway, and he spent countless hours on the bank of the lake "fishing" with them. I am sure he doesn't love shopping, yet he would go and stand patiently while we looked for whatever it was we needed. He was always willing to go on an emergency run for forgotten items too. Every night he would come in my room and sing me a song, and sit on my bed to talk. Everyone morning he woke me and dragged me out of bed, if I needed it, to go to seminary.
He is a wonderful example of having Christ like charity. He always thinks the best of people, always tries to help, always tries to do what's right. He is obedient and brilliant. He values education and knowledge.

I am so glad that he has lived in TX near us the last two years. My kids have gotten to know him and love him and have been influenced by his great spirit.

I am excited to hear of his adventures as he now travels and does missionary work.

I love you dad! Happy Father's Day!

4 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

You dohave a great Dad

utmommy said...

Our dad IS the best!!

I have a good life said...

What a wonderful tribute. You do have a great father and your kids are blessed to have him close. I wish that my kids were as fortunate, with either grandpa!

Suzanne said...

He sounds like such a great man! What a nice tribute to him! :)