THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

this and that

E started Kindergarten today. He was very excited. He had a new back pack, a new lunch box, an arm load of school supplies and he was on his way. The girls and I drove him to school and walked him in. He put his stuff away and sat right down with his hands folded ready to learn. I wondered about how he was doing all day. When I went to pick him up he was very excited. I asked if he had made any friends and he said yes. Who? Well, there was one boy who is also a "orange frog" he said I don't know his name but I'll call him...Um... door holder and he was REALLY nice. I asked him why he called him door holder and he said because he held the door open for everyone. Okay.
He found the bathroom okay, got to go to computer lab, heard lots of stories, everything was great except for lunch. He was too shy to raise his hand for help and so couldn't eat his applesauce or drink his juice. We didn't practice lunch this summer because I thought he'd be home with me this year. So when he got home we sat down and ripped those pesky straws off those darn boxes and unwrapped them and stuck them in the box. Luckily Lucy is a willing drinker because we had to open several until he felt confident that he could handle it on his own. The applesauce was too hard so we practiced raising his hand to ask for help. Tomorrow I think I'll stick in only zip locks and the juice so he can have an easy day. Other than that it was two thumbs up!
I thought he'd be exhausted but when he got home he went swimming, ate dinner, went to 2 hours of karate and then still wasn't ready for bed so I guess he'll be fine. Maybe it'll catch up with him tomorrow.



Now it's 9:30 and we have everyone tucked into bed and I am watching Throwdown. Seminary started this morning and S and J are tired. It's a pie throwdown. I am not a huge lover of pie, although DH likes it a lot so I try and make it regularly. I do like pumpkin on the holidays and strawberry. Back in the day we used to go to Marie Callendars after __________(fill in the blank) and I almost always got the strawberry pie.
This morning S and I went to see the judge about her ticket. Once upon a time when I was shopping for little diapers and little pink dresses (the early years) I never thought I'd do some of the things I have done with and for my kids. Seeing judges is one of those things. She got a fine, and traffic school and a 90 day probation. I thought that was very fair. S is stressed, as she should be. I think we won't see such a lead foot in the future. There was a creepy guy flirting and smiling at her yuck! so we made a break for it as soon as we could.
Yesterday was labor day. DH has a three day work week this week. Nice.
We spent the day cleaning up the garage, front porch and bathroom closet, also outside and pool took DH's time. Then we went to see "Surf's Up" which was really cute. It was playing at the dollar theater and Monday is their family day so if you have a group of 3 or more it's only 50cents. We had 11 people (J brought friends) and we got in for $5 total. Sweet!
H and I are reading a very interesting book about Louisa May Alcott's childhood.
Dinner groups are coming together.
I got bit by fire ants today :(
Cooking tip of the day: if you are baking cookies and still haven't remembered to buy more brown sugar you can add molasses (don't ask me why I have that and not brown sugar) to some white sugar and make a substitute. I made a batch tonight for my karate kids and they were a yummy warm before bedtime treat.

8 comments:

I have a good life said...

I am so glad that E had a fun day. I was hoping it would go well. I sometimes have molasses, but not brown sugar...so that is a great tip! Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

am still waiting to see if you recieved my good mail. Its been over a month. I would like to know. Thank you. :)

nikko said...

I'm so glad that E had a great first day.

Tori :) said...

I hope E and Door Holder are life long friends...

Dani said...

i posted for you :-)

Yvonne said...

As a mother of grown children and one 16 year old still at home, I had to smile about how you remembering when they were little and thinking "how you never thought you'd do some of the things ...for your kids". Isn't it amazing how each step we go through along the way prepares us for the next. (Not sure that makes sense--sorry!!!) By the way, I loved your post the other day about your "speed racer".

I enjoy your blog so much. Thanks for all you write.

Joyismygoal said...

yeah judges are not so fun I am so happy that E had a fun day, though we knew he would we have Molasses and not brown sugarbecause we use it so rarely and never all of it. Thanks for all the arranging for dinner groups

Anonymous said...

I think I need some of that pie in my tummy.

~DH