THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

take 2

this afternoon I was the mother helper at Activity Days. The girls sewed bean bags. They had fun, and it was hectic. We had a huge car pool and I ended up with a full suburban to drop off so I got E and G from Julianna's a little on the late side. She didn't mind, but I felt so bad because Lucy threw up there, twice. I didn't even know she was sick.
We drove through Taco Bell for dinner. No sooner had we got home and I sat down and picked up my taco to take a bite when Lou walked over and threw up again, in my lap. Yuck.
H was sick 24 hours almost to the minute. Hopefully it will be over quickly for Lou too and it will stop here.... I can hope.

Today Lucy had her 6 month speech evaluation. She "graduated". She tested 33 months for expressive speech (she's 31 months old) and 4 1/2 years plus for receptive speech and cognitive ability. The two therapist said they had never had a child go so far in the test book. She is a smart girl, like her siblings and many of our friends. It seems like we really know a lot of bright "gifted" kids. I don't know why. Is it because a lot of our friends are stay at home mom's who read to the kids for hours on end? Is it the vitamins they don't take? Is "normal" really so low that it makes average kids look brilliant? Maybe it's good genes, our friends are smart people and we are not too dumb so....Again, I just don't know. In any case it was interesting to see how she did and it was fun to tell the grandmas that they were right: their grandchildren are brilliant!
She still needs to work on articulation and has a big gap between her thinking and speaking but she no longer qualifies for help and I am confident that she will do fine.

5 comments:

nikko said...

Where did this throw up thing come from? Now K's down with it and we had to cancel preschool today because Aiden and Jordan had both been sick earlier in the week! Hope Lucy is better today.

Joyismygoal said...

Wow way to go Lucy!!! LDS have good genes because we keep them free from lots of the clutter of substances and all of the other reasonsand stuff you listed:> nature vs. nurture ya know its both

Suzanne said...

Cool: Lucy's speech evaluation.

Not Cool: Getting barfed on! :D

utmommy said...

Lucy is sooo smart, and cute!!

Yvonne said...

Grandmothers do know best ; ) Good for Lucy.