THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 02, 2007

where I randomly babble...

oh my goodness, it's almost midnight and again a day has gone by that has been too busy to write. I've been a slacker, and meaning to catch up. I have a good year+ of solid blogging (read: journalingish like venture) and lately...nothing. or close to nothing anyway.

So I am tired, and ready to go to sleep but I figured if I didn't take a minute and at least bullet it I would forget the things I write down to remember and then where would I be?

  • Week one of back to school is done. J and S both are swamped with homework and football games and back to school stuff. S is driving this year, which is such a treat for me. Last year I was spending about an hour and a half in the car driving her to and from school every day.
  • Friday night mom had a few couples over for dinner and games. It was very fun.
  • Saturday was the baptism.
  • Today we had church, and choir, and seminary meeting, the the girls had Bof M night and we went to dinner at mom's. She also invited the Smiths, which was very fun. We played Killer Bunnies~ the marathon 2 hour long version since we have so many decks combined now.
  • Last weekend we had the Roberts over and mom and dad and played Killer Bunnies.
  • Besides KB I also played many games of Wizard Chess (brother is pretty good), Dominos and Old Maid.
  • H went to the doctor, we're still fighting the UTI.
  • H also had her first horse lesson with the new teacher and horse. Taylor, the teacher, was really nice and Midnight, the horse, was gorgeous. Next week I'll have to take DH's camera and get a picture. She wants to ride English, so we are going to be tacky as all get out and let her do it in western boots. Maybe we'll get the English gear for Christmas.
  • I'm very excited, the first weekend of Oct. DH and I get to go to MD with the Lockheed group relocation tour. It'll be like a little vacation.
  • Also so excited because "Survivor" is coming out this month.
  • Been working on dinner groups, we have lots of couples. My sweet friend and accomplice in this little endeavor came over on Friday afternoon to my hot and messy house to work on it with me. And we had so much fun laughing and talking. Lucy loved her and she pretended not to notice that we were a disaster. That's a good friend!
  • Home schooling week one didn't go as great as I had hoped. Turns out that cooperatively working on assignments isn't H's strong point. And then we had our co-op meeting on Thursday and things just felt really not right. I had been worried about E missing the best year of school (Kindergarten) and we were having some fighting issues and things got changed around from how I thought it would be. I came home and DH and I had a long, long talk about it and decided that brother would go to public school. I spent Friday getting him squared away and he'll start on Tuesday. He is SO excited and happy and besides that fact that we bought curriculum and now get to go and spend a small fortune on mandatory school supplies (it's always about the money) I am really glad. I really feel like that is the best place for him this year. So now we'll just have H home with Lucy and I.
  • Soccer practice started. DH is coach.
  • Sparring pads for all the karate kids were acquired.
  • Wednesday night the cub scouts had their pack meeting at our pool. It was very crowded and very fun. The kids loved having so many friends over to play.
  • Yesterady was Millie's birthday. She is four. It was also my brother's birthday.
  • Back to school time is always so expensive. Why is that?
  • I'm done, and tired, good night.

2 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

It is no wonder you are tired that was a marathon week and lots happened that you were the integrel part and you deserve a break! I am so glad you feel good about your decision for school.

nikko said...

Hope you can take a break today!