THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, September 03, 2007

teenage girls, delicate blooms of young womanhood!

I am somewhat of an expert on teenage girls, having a) been one and b) having had three daughters who are or have recently been teens and c) having served in YW for 7 years and now am teaching the 15-16 year old Sunday School class.

So, when they are not in public~ going to school, looking nice, smiling sweetly; what do they do?

They like to make faces for the camera and for each other and in the mirror.

and in the car and with their friends and while eating green eggs and ham.

speaking of eating...they like to eat. and run amuck in the dark, they wake up when the sun goes down and get very silly.
They catch frogs, and swim and laugh and run around...loudly.
and eat. Did I say eat?
A house full of teens and their friends can clean out the pantry quicker than a swarm of locust.

They also watch youtube video's of people burping, falling down, breaking things, being silly and being loud.

Did I mention they are loud?

Of course they love movies, books, swooning over Edward (even if they claim to "hate the book" they still can talk about it for hours)

They play with make-up, scream, try on clothes, lay on the bed dreaming and talking and laughing.

They are a delight. Full of energy and fun and hope for the future.

I love teens

even if our house is loud, our pantry empty and my computer is sequestered in a cloud of Cheeto dust, giggles and flying fingers on the key board so that I can't get to it.

6 comments:

I have a good life said...

What a great Mom of teens you are. You are an example to me. You are such a great mom. I agree with you that Teens are fun, although all I have to bring to the table is having been one and 3 1/2 years in YW. I hope to be as wonderful to my teens when they get there as you are to yours.

Rachel said...

teenage years are the best, even better when either your mom lets you hang out, eat all the food, and be a teenager girl... I LOVE that you have those pics posted!!! I am sure they would die!!!

Yvonne said...

I think working with the youth is the best--keeps you young. I have spent so many of my years serving in Young Women and all that you say about teenage girls is absolutely true!

attack of The Mouse said...

You are an awesome mom. I want the teenagers to come to my house, and I guess that means I need to look forward to empty pantries and loud silly girls. You are right I think it is a delight. I'm glad your enjoying the teens.

Joyismygoal said...

You are so good w/ them.

Tori :) said...

I am soooo looking forward to my kids being teens. I just think I'll do better with them. You make me look forward to it!!