THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

in memory

A couple of weeks ago I remembered. We talked about it at pack meeting.
Then I went about my business.

Last week I remembered, briefly, I don't recall what spurred the memory.
Then I was distracted.

Yesterday I didn't give it a thought. I was busy with kids and laundry and dinner.

This morning my husband said, today is 9-11.

Oh, that's right, I forgot.

So while J was waiting on the porch for her bus to come and the littles were hopping in the car to take brother to school I got our flag out and hung it up.

"Why you doing dat, mama?" a small voice asked.

and then I took a minute and told them the story. The story of two towers, four airplanes and a nation changed forever. Tears came to my eyes as a choked on the words.

Solemn eyes looked at me and sober faces listened carefully.

"We're still fighting 6 years later?"

"Why do bad people hate freedom?"

"What if we have to fight?"

We do have to fight, every day. We fight to remember our freedom and to protect it if necessary. We fight for what's right.

So now, the sky is gray outside my window, but my flag flies proudly. And I remember. And my children remember. And we are so grateful that we are free, that brave men fight to keep us that way, and we pray for the continued blessings of the Lord on our land.













7 comments:

utmommy said...

What a horrible day that was.

Yvonne said...

You are so right in saying we have to fight every day. Thank you for that beautiful reminder.

nikko said...

Our kids had lots of questions the other day when we were talking about it. Such a hard thing to try to explain to them.

I have a good life said...

Hmmm..I have remembered all week, especially this morning, but I didn't even think to mention it on my blog. How quickly we go about our lives. It is good to remember. My kids cry when we talk of it...although both were too young to remember, I guess they're old enough to empathize. We do have to fight for our freedom and what is right. We do have to pray for help...for without it, we are lost.

Joyismygoal said...

I did an interesting telephone survey last night on governmental concerns and more....It is so interesting how this one day changed my viewpoint,and my life forever. I did not even loose a loved one. Life is fragile and deinitely worth fighting for!

Unknown said...

Even here in this little Colorado town, flags were flying and moods were subdued yesterday.

Lei said...

This is so well written... thank you for the reminder!