THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 29, 2007

weeping, wailing, gnashing of teeth

it's that season again....the most dreaded season of all to any mother of teenage girls. Worse than baby shots, worse than trips to the dentist, worse than Suzuki violin book 1 (squeak, screech)
It is formal dress shopping time.
Why is everything immodest, over priced, not in the right size, "makes me look fat", "looks like something you would wear", looks like something a street walker would wear?????

I was hoping to dodge the bullet, put off the pain a bit longer, avoid it all together...become Amish, ANYTHING!

but no,

J is going to her first high school dance. And I have to take her shopping.

Homecoming is in two weeks, and she's going to go with a bunch of girl friends. She likes the dress, above, and it would be cute with a little black shrug, which she has agreed to wear. But we are yet to step into a brick and mortar store and see if it exists on the racks.

wish me luck :(

9 comments:

Mel said...

Gosh, taking your teenage daughter shopping for "the dress" has got to be hard. Wishing you luck! I hope you find the perfect dress.

utmommy said...

Not looking forward to that. Luckily your girls always find something cute and look great!

Yvonne said...

That is one of the hardest things to do--I hated it!!! Although it was fun to see them looking all beautiful in their MODEST dress. Loved your description at the beginning--it is definitely WORSE than any of those thngs mentioned!!!

Have fun.

Not So Average Teenager said...

i found a better dress, and its ALOT better priced!
i blogged about it
go look

<3 u mommy!

wendy said...

I like that dress with the shrug. looks cute. I hope all goes well...

Holger Danske said...

I had not thought about that. H will be starting that soon I suppose, 5 left to go. Think they can just share 1 dress?

Tori :) said...

Sei and I were just talking about this exact thing. The dresses out there are carzy immodest. I'm glad you were able to find one and a solution. Hope it works out!

Joyismygoal said...

not loving any dresses i have seen lately

Suzanne said...

Ugh! It was hard to find modest formals 10 years ago. I can't imagine how much harder it must be now. Good luck! :)