THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

grateful for a peaceful park

Things have been stressful around here. To say the least. We have been worried about the election, and are unhappy about the result, but have hope that our great country will survive. Hopefully we are wrong and he will be more middle of the road and do some good and very little harm. We can hope.

Poor J has also been caught up in a controversy at school that is making her day quite a bit on the miserable side. It will all work out but in the meantime it's hard.
I realize that I can't control our government, and I can't control the schools, all I can really control is myself. So I chose to spend the day with Lucy and Austin at the park, where there are no politics or principals to deal with.
We had a great time taking a hike and enjoying the spectacular fall colors. The weather was cool and calm and the kids were exuberant and full of joy. We walked and looked at rocks and leaves, and balanced on things, and splashed in the drinking faucet. We saw lots of birds but not the hoped for fawn.




Lucy took her baby and Austin took a gun. I did not encourage either but that was what they each thought was needed.
And tomorrow Dani comes!!! Yeah!!!

9 comments:

Jay said...

Isn't it great to get out and enjoy the colors and the weather! You have a great way with words. I enjoyed your previous post and your response to some folks.

Yvonne said...

Don't you just love this time of year.

Sorry, J is having some problems at school--hope it all gets resolved soon.

Love the picture of Lu with her baby and her walking stick.

(BTW, love your Christmas carols ; )

K said...

Is Dani still going to do haircuts? I need one and have been antipicating her arrival.

allison nadauld said...

Hello Lana,
This is Marie Jeanne! I love your pictures. You're family is so beautiful!

Gabriela said...

I like your attitude and that you went and did something positive. Hope things work out at school!

Robin said...

Its rough but it'll be ok.. Let me know what I can do

** Dre and Yoho ** said...

lucy is soo cute! I want to hangout with you guys!!

Chellie said...

Great pictures!
So fun to come on over here and get caught up. Such a fun mom you are and cute kids you have!

Natalie said...

I wish I was there with you and your awesome kids. I love you lots and miss you all so much.
Love n' hugs.