THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, November 03, 2008

grateful for:

Today I am grateful that I finally got called to substitute, 3 months after I first began the application process (crazy). $$ for one Christmas stocking down~ many to go :)

I am also grateful that although I got to class and found no lesson plan that the kids were cute and sweet and helpful and we managed to wing it through the day.

I am grateful that when I went to pick Lucy up after school she was happy and wanted to stay longer.

and that when we went to feed Renaldo all the kids ran in to say hi and he was excited to see them too (although whether that is affection or excitement over seeing the food I can't say).

Most of all I am grateful today for dear friends. For friends who come over to pass a Sabbath evening, sharing dessert and talking about the day and our kids, politics and b*rth control, cars and chi walking and everything in between. For friends who giggle when they say hello on the phone and when that happens that I crack up because of the fun and the love we share. For friends who sit and rock on the porch while our boys practice soccer, by car headlight (thanks day light savings) and watch the stars come out while we chat about testimony and the strength and courage of the youth in our ward. For friends I can count on. For friends that I love.

and,last but not least, I am grateful that today Papa and Grandma went to the MTC and finally officially started their mission!!

4 comments:

nikko said...

How fun that you finally got to substitute!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Ah what fun!! your life sounds so wonderful friends are so the icing on the cake chocolate or pumpkin:)

Yvonne said...

I bet those students were excited to have you teaching them.

It's wonderful to have friends in our lives.

Can't wait to hear all about the mission.

Kathy said...

That's awesome - All the things you are thankful for...

I am so excited for your parents! Yeah!