THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, November 21, 2008

Twlight


7:30am. 4 1/2 hours ago we were walking into the house after going to my first midnight premiere movie.
I have to say I had my doubts. J and S really wanted to do the midnight show. They had to see it then or perhaps their very lives would be ruined...and in theory it sounded so fun, except that I am not awake at midnight and I don't like to be awake at midnight. Being the nice fun mom that I am I agreed. We bought tickets and made plans with friends to meet up to freeze and fall asleep together :)
I also had many worries about the movie itself. I am almost never a fan of book to movie. They just can't do it justice. I do love Pride and Prejudice and I like the Harry Potter movies, although the books are a lot better. So I was worried and had low expectations.
Then it was really cold, and I hate to be cold and thought we'd be standing outside freezing our buns off.


But I was pleasantly surprised. It was really fun. We got there at 10 and went into the lobby, we barely had a chance to get in line when they started seating us! Yeah. Alison & Bailee and the girls and I were there first so we got a couple good rows in the middlish and waited for the others to arrive. It was a long wait but exciting and it was so fun to chat with everyone. J and Em did fall asleep,as did many others in the super packed theatre, however when the movie started everyone cheered and watched.

not pictured: S, Kinz, Brian, Joy, Bailee, Sophie, Meri & Madi and their momma, Kisa and Kelly and Nicole. I think that's all. Fun girls! and good sport dad :)

It was a little cheesey but I liked the movie, a lot. I found Bella a little annoying (which I never did in the book) but other than that not at all, not even Jasper's crazy hair (which I hated in photos). It was a little different than the book, of course, but followed well and I enjoyed see how the scenes translated onto the screen.
I found it romantic and action packed and fun. I think it may have been a little confusing if you didn't read but I read so I followed along :) I also didn't fall asleep, nor was I tempted to. The only bummer was half way through I had to pee REALLY bad, and I had "excuse me, pardon me" out the row and then run back so I wouldn't miss much. I felt bad for interrupting Brian's viewing.
I heart Edward!!!

8 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Go team Edward

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I can't wait to see it. . we were at the temple last night, my brother/new sis-in-law went for the first time, their wedding is tomorrow. . . but I'm hoping to go tonight. I found Bella annoying in the books and expect her to be that way in the movie. . . and I really love Jacob and think he's the only character they cast that looks like how I pictured him, so I'm looking forward to that! xoxo, S

allison nadauld said...

I love the excitement of it all...the lines, the energy, the sleeplessness, the anticipation.

Anonymous said...

have fun!! Wish I was going.

Yvonne said...

I just got back--I enjoyed it a lot. (Like you, I was very worried ) I was a little disappointed in Carlisle when I first saw him--a little too white, and I hated his hair. Jasper didn't need to look quite so scared all the time. Other than that, I really enjoyed it.

Did you notice Stephanie Meyer in the movie????

Christine said...

So fun that we all went! I think its a crazy phenominom this twilight thing...but I really enjoyed the movie too!

Kathy said...

Glad yall had fun. I am sad I did not go. lol

Colleen said...

I had a blast. What an adventure going at midnight and I wasn't quite as exhausted with my preschool the next day as I thought I would be, although Ben came home early so I got to take a nap at naptime.

I loved the movie, but of course, not as good as the book. How could it have been though?