THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mrs Bennett is alive and well...


and she's me :)
Today brother had the scripture and prayer for primary. After I went to hear him I went to teach my class. As soon as I walked in the door J said "we need to invite the missionaries to dinner".
Okay. We do all the time anyway.
Now.
and we'll come to help, chimed in several others.
Is the new missionary hawt?
Giggle giggle.
We started the lesson and in came S, who is not in my class. Mom, she interrupted, We need to invite the missionaries to dinner.
Okay, got it, he's really cute.
Then I walked into our combined priesthood/RS meeting where I told this funny story to my friend. Who said Yep, he's not hard to look at.
Now I was curious.
Then I saw him, and yep he's pretty stinkin cute.
After church was over I had two girls linking arms on either side of me. "Did you sign up?"

I didn't actually see the sign ups so I suggested we go ask them if they have empty days. We walked up, sort of normally, and said Hi and I asked and Elder Ingalls said he'd check. Then Elder Stinkin Cute said Hi I'm Elder SC. I'm Sister U, and these are my daughters (cue 19th century English dance music) S and J.
Then we normally-ish left and in the car laughed about how I was Mrs Bennett and he was the handsome new Darcy.
We made it to the car and home when S said "J, when the Elders come to dinner you do the snake dance so I can be the normal one". (Bride and Prejudice) which totally cracked me up and has left me with giggles every time I think of it since.
Oh, I remember fondly the days of my youth when we'd have a cute Elder from time to time. It was a most harmless distraction.
We girls would walk by and say "hi" (giggle giggle).
Then go to the bathroom and talk about how cute he was.
End of story.

7 comments:

thenordstrom9 said...

I'm glad that you found me..Your family is beautiful. Funny? I was called to be the Primary President. Ha! Alittle nervous..

Yvonne said...

That is WAY TOO FUNNY!!!

Humphrey Family said...

I got to meet him on Friday night when they stopped by on an unannounced visit...I will admit that I did a double take because he is super adorable!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

yes, he is cute and has shoes like my eldest so I was teasing him about his elf shoes and he said he calls them that too. When I announced they were teaching Seminary (w/me there) next Monday the girls were all a twitter it was so funny.

-Special Mothertivity- said...

I too remember the days past of cute elders.
ok. one word. HILLARIOUS!!! ok, maybe more than one... I can't believe that! Your daughters have no shame. So when are they eating dinner at your house? :)

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh that was sooooo funny. I remember the days of the Elders coming over and how much fun it was. I miss those days.
Love n' hugs.

Krystal said...

Haha...very cute story. I remember times like those too. :)