THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

grateful for things I know.

The morning of Thanksgiving eve. Lots to do, but we're not in a hurry to do it. This morning brother and Lucy crawled into bed to share the warmth of covers that are toasty and comfy, especially so in the morning. We watched "Wonder Pets", well they did, Beloved and I slept on. Bliss.

Slowly we rose to meet the day. S left for an appointment, Beloved and J are off to feed Renaldo, get some ice and briquettes, the littles and I are hauling down the suitcases and finished making beds. We have a late departure time for our holiday stay in a cabin. Everyone is excited. We did laundry and bought groceries yesterday. Today we have to load the car and find room for a thawing Tom somewhere :)

I am grateful for a happy family, healthy bodies, food to eat, a fun activity planned. I am grateful the my extended family is also happy and healthy and meeting together in various parts of the country to share the day. A group in Ohio, and a couple in CA. Idaho and Utah too. Everyone has a plan. I wish we were all together but am glad that if we can't be we can chat on the phone and share a moment together. I am looking forward to cooking in the woods, watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, sitting in the hot tub :)

Before we go we have sad business to attend to. On Friday one of J's friends was killed in a car accident. It was after school, between 4-5, making the bend on Boat Club in front of the YMCA. Two cars collided, one boy's life ended. His funeral is today at 1. I feel sad for the family. Sad for his friends. He was a nice boy and kind. He stayed friends with J when she felt she had few.

It's a poignant reminder that we don't know. We don't know how much time we have here on earth, how long to enjoy a friend's company or a sister's smile. We don't know what this day will bring, let alone tomorrow. I am grateful that we do know that Families are Forever. That God loves us and has a plan for our lives. That the Saviour atoned for our sins so we can live forever. I am grateful that we know that after this life there is more and it will be wonderful and we will see our loved ones again. What tremendous blessings!

Happy Thanksgiving. Be Safe.

6 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

AMEN- Have a safe snug trip Happy Thanksgiving

I have a good life said...

Oh. That is so sad. We had trouble getting home that day due to the accident. So sad that someone's life ended that day...and it seems like it was a good life, too.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving! The cabins are soooooooooo fun! :)

Yvonne said...

I'm sorry about J's friend and his family.

Like you, I'm grateful to know families are forever.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

nikko said...

Hope you have a great holiday!

Mel said...

Thanks for posting this! Happy Thanksgiving:)

Robin said...

Its always good to rmember the things we are sooo thankful for