THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

milk carton madness



School lunches used to come with a cute little milk carton, white or chocolate. Love them. They were perfect for holiday gingerbread house making. I have been room mom many times and always for the "winter break" party we decorate "gingerbread houses". I go to the lunch room with a clean trash bag and ask the kids for their empty milk cartons. Then I take them home and wash them and let them dry. I hot glue them onto a bright red, plastic plate and then use frosting to spackle on graham crackers to all four sides and into a point for a roof. The houses have to cure for a while, preferably a day or so and then they are ready to decorate. So Much Holiday Fun!!! This year I am H's room mom and that was my plan. Plus I wanted to do it for Lu's baby sitting co op group, or maybe for a little kid party, and for FHE. This is the cornerstone of my holiday crafting fun.

However, today when I went to lunch with H, between subbing 1st in the morning and K in the afternoon I saw that the little pint size milk cartons are gone and now they are serving milk in a cylindrical tube, like you get in a McD Happy Meal!! This is serious trouble for me.....what will I do???

no really, this is a problem.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Orange juice sometimes comes in those boxes. Not exactly the same shape, but it is close...

Anne/kq said...

We used to make them with graham crackers in elementary school. That always confused me because I thought that gingerbread houses were supposed to be made of gingerbread, and didn't that make them graham cracker houses? (You see, my mom actually baked gingerbread pieces each year for us to build a gingerbread house with...)

If you drop by your local hospital they may have some empty cartons; ours still uses milk and also juice (all kinds) from those little paper cartons. It's worth a shot, I guess. (Personally I'd use gingerbread or graham crackers!)

Yvonne said...

I read the above post first--how did you get the milk cartons???

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Dang. . .they still serve them in OR in the carton. . . I'd better stockpile them now, before the change. . . . ha, ha