THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 06, 2008

thursday

Last night I made a dinner that everyone ate without complaint. It was yummy and easy. I saw it on Full Bellies, Happy Kids.
Mexican Potato Casserole

cut up 8 potatoes, with skins on, in to bite size cubes. Melt a stick of butter and mix in two packages of Taco seasoning. Stir with potatoes coating them then bake at 425 for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, brown hamburger and chopped onions. Add chopped bell peppers. Mix with baked potatoes, top with grated cheese (I used jack) and bake for 10 more minutes. Super easy, and good. H made pumpkin muffins at activity days and was able to bring home one for each of us so we served them with the dinner and it was gobbled up. She also brought home one for Dani, which H then had to guard fiercely. It's still on the counter waiting for her.

Today's plan:
clean up in anticipation of Dani's arrival. Not because she didn't live here for 18 years and knows that we often are less than spotless, but because it says "I love you, and welcome home!!, we're so excited you are here!"

4 comments:

Holly said...

I love you for clarifying why we clean up for family. THis is a concept my husband cannot conceive to the least degree. I totally agree that it does convey those sentiments. "We are excited to have you, we're glad you're finally home!"

c. griffith said...

The casserole sounds delish and easy, my kind of recipe, I will try it tomorrow night. Thanks!!!!
charmela

Yvonne said...

That recipe sounds so wonderful--I love things that are easy.

Enjoy having dani home.

I have a good life said...

I cannot wait to see Dani! I hope you are having a wonderful time together again tonight! :)