THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Grateful for Teens

I am grateful for the wonderful teens in my life. These two, and their sweet friends for starters. My life is much happier and crazy and fun because I have teenage daughters. With out them there is no way I'd be going to a midnight movie Thursday night, on a work night. I probably wouldn't make many midnight runs to Sonic and I'd definitely miss out on giggles and late night talks. I'd miss out on two sets of helping hands who are competent and capable. I'd miss out on talks about "boys" and college and Edward :) There would be no swim meets, goats to feed, homework to help with, formals to shop for, Gilmore Girl watching, free baby sitting or many many other things.


From time to time something will happen, often just something small, that will remind me how lucky I am. Last night the missionaries (little older than teens themselves) brought two young women to our home for FHE. They are investigating the church, both of them Seniors in High School. S and J were so gracious and kind. The participated in the lesson, played "mother elephant" again, and happily, (even though they both don't love it), chatted with our visitors, answered questions, sipped hot chocolate and laughed about school and books and movies. I was so happy to see how warm and welcoming they were. How they were unashamed of their beliefs and their crazy family. They are extraordinary. Youth of today face so many challenges that I don't think we had when I was that age, yet they are strong and good. I love working with them and teaching them. I admire their courage and testimony and goodness and zest for life. The whole future if before them and what an exciting time of life that is!

4 comments:

Dani said...

Hey... thats my hat! I knew she hid it from me!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

They are awesome!!

Yvonne said...

Teenage girls are so fun. Your girls are so pretty.

Isn't it wonderful to have children who enjoy visiting with others--that is so great.

Christine said...

Your girls are gorgeous! I love both those shots...I think its so sweet that you can say you LOVE teenage girls b/c so many complain of the problems with teenagers...that just attests to the wonderful mother you are! And holy cow...you have been up to fun holiday crafting...every time i come to your blog I'm amazed at what you guys are up to!