THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, August 04, 2006

6 Flags

At school the kids have the chance to earn free 6 flags tickets. They have to read for six hours and keep a log and then turn it in. Pretty simple. H earned hers this year, and last. Last year DH took her. This year it was my turn.
My friend Alison and I took our girls together and we had such a fun day. We got there at 10am and didn't leave the park until almost 10pm. The girls rode every ride they wanted and ran around with us chasing after them.

It has been a lot of years since I have rode the rides. Usually I am holding a baby watching everyone else ride. I forgot how fun some of them are. We rode roller coasters and water rides, and lots of others too. Splash Down was the girls favorite I think. H also loved Judge Roy Scream, actually I think she loved them all. The only one that they didn't want to do again and again was Rock 'n Rocket which flips you upside down in a boat.

H's shoes gave her blisters so half way though the day we had to stop and get flip flops. Karlee got a matching pair and the girl's thought it was so fun to be twins.

We ate turkey legs and french fries for lunch and Funnel cake for dinner. I brought a 6 pack of water bottles and H and I drank them all. We also had dippin' dots in the middle of the afternoon. It was a day of exemplary nutrition!

It was really, really hot. We were covered with sweat and sticky sugar and drenched by water every few rides, I am sure we came home smelling so lovely!
It was a really fun day. H had a blast and so did I. And 6 Flags makes out good in the deal. The kid gets in for free, mom buys a ticket, we pay to park, we buy food and drink and then we buy souvenirs. Yep, pretty sweet deal for them.
I'm not saying it's not worth it, we had so much fun...I'm just saying:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that sounds like an awesome day! Such great bonding time, fun rider, and yummy yummy food. What could be more perfect.

My daughter and I are going to share a similar experience later this month. Just her and I are going to the Oregon State Fair and finish off with a Raven concert. Can't wait!