THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, August 14, 2006

Story Time

Bedtime story time is one of my favorites. The kids are all jammied up and what's sweeter than children in their pajamas ~smelling fresh from baths, ready for the last minutes of day?

E picked a book that sings songs, one of the ones that you push the button on the side. That led to a spontaneous dance recital. Little Missy spun in circles and lifted one leg joy. E did Jedi flips, spins and karate chops (he calls that dancing :) ) and H did ballet. Very cute.



Papa and Grandma are back from their summer on the west coast. We had a fun afternoon and evening together. Tried some new recipes for dinner, played games and watched Harry Potter 4. We also read scriptures together and prayed. It's nice to have them back for that. Harry Potter was a dumb idea. Earlier this summer I watched Sorcerer's Stone with the kids. They had been asking about it and I hadn't let them see it. Finally I decided since a) we were spending a lot of time with MSV and her kids love it that we should get caught up. and b) I like it and thought they might. At least I thought E might. Well, I was right E loved it. H watched parts, left the room a lot and says she likes it but really was a little scared.

Over the next few months E has seen 2 and 3 and loved them and has been asking to see 4.
H hasn't seen the others until Saturday DH took E to see "Monster House" for a daddy/son time. The girls and I stayed home painted toe nails, made bead people and watched 3. H wasn't bothered so I decided to rent 4.
We all watched until it got to be too much for H. Then she and I went downstairs to work on dinner.

Consequence: Last night we had two kids sleeping on the floor with us. My fault. We are typically very careful with the kids movie viewing. I used poor judgment because I wanted to see it and thought it would be fun for all...and now I pay the price, and poor H is scared.


Parting question: Why is it that a dog who happily steals diapers out of the trash can to snack on won't eat her $30 special perscription dog food? That doesn't make any sense to me.

5 comments:

utmommy said...

Sorry, I hope it's not my fault. My kids loved it.

Millie said...

Dogs are just dumb. There's no way out of it. And they don't get the concept of "Food, Not A Food."

We have night visitors on our floor sometimes too, for whatever reason.

nikko said...

Your story time sounds much more exciting than ours! Last night K practically fell asleep during "The Magician's Nephew."

(p.s. It's your friend... down the street... with the three boys...)

Joyismygoal said...

Maybe you could put the food in a diaper.

Melessa Gregg said...

HP 4 is more intense than the other three. My 8 year-old DD begged to see it and has two cousins just older than her who were going to the theatre, so it made it hard to say no. DH and I thought if we went too, it might help. I had already seen it (opening day with my girlfriends, we are such geeks!) so when I knew it was going to get scary, I put her on my lap. She promptly fell asleep and missed anything truly scary. Yay!

When it came out on DVD, I figured out where the scary spots were and forwarded over them when the kids watched. (I do this a lot with movies they want to see, but might not be ready for.) Then, they thought they had seen the whole thing, but they hadn't. Shh!