THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Surprise 16th Birthday Party

We threw a surprise 16th birthday party for S today. Her birthday is on Christmas Day so I thought she'd really be surprised!
She was.
Our day was a typical Saturday. We had some errands to run this morning. We cleaned the house.
One not typical thing is we went to the airport to get D, who is home for a long weekend between semesters! It is SO fun to have her home.
After she got home we went swimming and then S baked a "welcome home D" cake. The girls then left to go to Blockbuster and some other stops and I quickly baked a second cake, finished cleaning up. Got the soda and chips out of hiding and blew up some balloons. Then her friends started to arrive.
When S got here we yelled "Surprise" and she looked around confused and said surprise for who? She thought it was for D, but it was her friends there. Then we told her we were celebrating her birthday four months early. She cracked up!

We had a lot of fun, well technically the fun is still going on. We swam and ate cake and ice cream, then pizza and chips . Backwards since we are doing the opposite season...or because the kids were hungry and the pizza wasn't here yet:)

We played memory. I made the game with teenage words and candy bars to match. For example if they uncovered two "touchdowns" they got a Skor bar, or if they uncovered two "drivers permit" they got a Rocky Road, "math and music" was M&Ms and so on. Very fun. She opened gifts and then I sent them upstairs so I could put the littles to bed and work on a talk for tomorrow. Of course first I had to come here and jot down a quick note!

So, one of us is counting down the days until her actual birthday and the rest of us are just glad to have such a sweet girl in the family. Sweet 16 (almost)

7 comments:

Millie said...

How very, very fun. What a sweet family to prepare such a fun surprise! Glad she had such a good time. I'll have to remember this when my kids turn 16!

Mall Worker said...

That sounds like it was just an absolute blast! How lucky she is to have such a sweet family!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds like a lot of fun. I bet it was definately a surprise 4 months early!

Deannna - Younique Presenter said...

you are the coolest mom!

owlhaven said...

Sounds great!!

Mary, mom to many

talitha said...

What fun! I have a Christmas Eve girl--I will have to remember this for her!

Gabriela said...

How fun. You are just such a fun mom!