THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Unexpected fun...and me without my camera!

A couple weeks ago we got an invitation in the mail to an open house for a doctor's office in our town.

This was kind of big news. When we moved here our little town didn't have a Wal-mart, a McDonalds, a doctors office or many other things. It did have a beauty barn where you could buy beauty supplies in the front and feed in the back. It was shocking to me, not bad, just different. Well it has grown a lot in the last almost 8 years. Including adding a McDonalds and a Wal-mart and many other hotspots. We're even getting a Chili's soon! A doctor that is close will be a real treat. In addition to the proximity our pediatrician is moving and so we are on the search for a new doctor anyway.

So, long story short, we decided to go. DH was working today, and I didn't feel well this morning so we almost didn't but about midmorning the kids were restless, I didn't want to swim, and we had library videos to return anyway so we headed off.

It ended up being so fun. They joined up with several nearby businesses and did a really nice job on their open house. It was like going to a carnival. The kids bounced in bouncy houses, got to ride on ponies, got free stuff and free food. We toured the office and met one of the doctors and the staff. It was very fun. They had hot dogs, snow cones, popcorn, cotton candy, cookies, cold water bottles, OJ, nachos, lots of fresh fruit, muffins and bagels and breads. It was all free. They were giving away tons of stuff too. We got backpacks and fanny packs, travel mugs, hand sanitizers, toothbrushes and toothpaste, whistles, flags, toy dogs on a stick that squeak, pin wheels and magnets. They also had face painting, games and music. The kids had such a good time. It was funny to me because it wasn't something I had planned on doing for them and it turned out to be something they enjoyed a lot. I was sad I didn't have my camera, especially for the pony rides.

After we went to Walgreens and got some school supplies. Then to the library where those wacky librarians were baking cookies on the dash board of one of their cars (and they were really cooking! Talk about stinking hot!). Then to Blockbuster. We got home around 1pm and I had everyone rest.

Tonight we swam and grilled pork chops. J made brownies. Fun stuff.

2 comments:

Millie said...

Sounds like fun to me! Glad it was such a fun surprise! Love those bouncy-houses - we had one at our stake pioneer day thing a couple weeks ago and it MADE our day. Just pulling up into the church parking lot and seeing it on the grass was exhiliarating.

Mel said...

What a fun way to celebrate a "grand opening" of sorts. Free food, games, & pony rides. Fun, Fun, Fun!