THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Morning rush hour and other mysteries


How to get my kids out the door on time is turning into some what of an issue this year. I was expecting an easy week of it but was caught off guard by first J and then S. J has to be at school at 7:15 this week for volleyball try-outs. S has to be at school at 7:45 for drill team practice. H has to be at school at 8:00. This doesn't sound too complicated except the schools are not close to each other, especially S's who is going to a school on a transfer. DH can't really be counted on to help because he goes to work early during the school year. Next week we get to add in seminary from 6-7 for S, but we subtract volley-ball for J and she then needs to be at school by 8:30. And S has to be at school at 7:30. The littles spend a lot of time in the car schleping sibs around.

I think what we might do is get everyone up at 5:45 for family prayer. Then I'll take S and DH can start H's bath. I'll come back and do breakfast, pack lunches and make sure H looks fine for the day. I'll take E and G to get S and go straight to school with her. Leaving J and H to catch the morning bus (which they haven't' been riding). H's comes about 40 minutes before J so J can make sure H gets on safely and I'll be back before J leaves so I can make sure that happened and spend a minute talking to her. Then G, E and I can get ready for the day. Driving to church and back for the seminary drop off should be about 14 minutes. The pick up/drop off at school will be closer to a half hour. This should be do-able and not TOO much time in the car. I can't believe it took me 3 days to think of this. Hopefully it will go smoothly.

Here's another mystery: E loves dinosaur egg oatmeal. We used to get it all the time then suddenly Wal-mart stopped selling it. Why? Yesterday after school J had violin lessons and the rest of us ran to Albertsons, by her teachers home, to get a few things and they had the dinosaur eggs so I got a few boxes and this morning had a happy oatmeal eater.

Thirdly, we had our carpets cleaned this week. Millie (the dog) had a parasite that gave her the runs. Not pretty. Our carpet suffered,we suffered more cleaning it up. So now that she's well we decided we needed an all over deep professional cleaning. This big event happened on Tuesday. On Wednesday "nobody" spilled something on the carpet. The mystery is Who did it and What is it? And Whhhyyy???

We bought a piano at a garage sale. We have a piano but it belongs to D and she told us she plans on taking it when she gets married (whenever that is:)). That brings me to my last mystery. Where do I put a second piano in the mean time? I don't want to line the walls with furniture. The less clutter we have the better, not that a musical instrument is clutter, it's just we have a lot of stuff and I am trying to persuade it to leave the house, yet we import as quickly as I bag up and send out.

I guess that's enough mystery for one morning. We have a preschool planning meeting to get to and Nana and Abba coming for a visit for a long weekend arriving this afternoon so we're off and running!

*Last note: we have company, orchestra and a soccer parent meeting tonight. Yeah, that'll work!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. You have way too much going on in the mornings! I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Millie said...

Yikes - this is what I'm not looking forward to. I have rides for school lined up (bus and friend who works at the elementary kids' school who lives close by), but after school is going to be difficult. Glad I have a couple weeks first.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...

Phew! I am worn out just reading what you have to do. Life is definitely not boring around your place.
Apparantly 'nobody' left our house and went on vacation to your house. Please don't send him back anytime soon. ;)

Gabriela said...

I'd love to take care of the piano for you! Your schedule is crazy. makes mine look like cake. Good luck.

Joyismygoal said...

Welcome to the world of 3 schools ,seminary, multiple sports teams, and one driver Mom, The only thing harder than this stage of life is...... when it is over , we are way down the hill on the otherside of that Roller coaster Not just occasionally, I miss it:( the time in the car is great talking time and family bonding (singing etc...)time the only way to adjust to it is w/ lots of laughter and a great scheduler:). I am so willing to help w/ any of your tight spots,just let me know You have helped me plenty:)

Vety said...

Holy cow Batman! I don't know how you do it all! I'm exhausted just reading! I hope "nobody" and "nobody else" for that matter has anymore carpet errors! that sentence confused me...

talitha said...

I so absolutely feel for where you are at! I'm there as well. It takes a calculator to figure out the schedule sometimes!!

Talitha

Teresa said...

Wow...I'm tired just reading your post. If you can make it through the morning time, you can make it through anything!

utmommy said...

Glad you figured it all out. Can you figure out how I'm going to get 3 kids to 3 different soccer games at 3 different fields at the same time, while DH is at work?

The Amazing Trips said...

I'm so impressed. Most mornings I don't get up until at least 8 AM. Of course - these days - I get my sleep whenever and wherever I can!!!