THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, August 07, 2006

For My Sister- Southwestern Rice Salad

I don't have a picture because I forgot to take one but trust me this looks as lovely as it tastes.

1 1/3 cups water
2/3cups uncooked long grain rice
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 medium chopped carrot
3 cloves garlic,minced
1T vegtable oil
1 pkg fozen corn, thawed
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 medium plum tomatoes chopped
1 cup salted peanuts
1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
2/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 - 1 1/2 t cayenne pepper
1/2 t ground cumin

In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Rinse rice with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl.
In a small skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, carrot and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Add to rice. Stir in the corn, beans, tomatoes, peanuts, and cilantro.
In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, cayenne and cumin. Pour over rice mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serves 12

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

sounds great!