THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Soccer, chicken curry, and frogs

E had his first soccer practice tonight. It's his second season and he was excited to go!
Apparently I go out of my way to cook "disgusting food" for the family. The kids came in the house from swimming and said "what is that smell?!" Curry. After some crying E tried it and like our friend from Green Eggs and Ham said "Say, I like green eggs and ham". H didn't eat it until after dinner, after soccer, after brownie recruitment and after she was jammied up. Finally she agreed to try it and thought it was fine. G liked it. S and J ate it just fine. DH asked why I was doing weird things to chicken. I, however, liked it.
At preschool today we studied frogs. The highlight was painting ceramic frogs. It was a very fun day. The boys are very funny.










Recipe for the brave at heart, or the likers-of-yucky-food

Chicken Curry
1 1/2 T oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1/4 t salt
2 t curry powder
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
1 can diced tomatoes
2T tomato paste
1 lb chicken breast cubed
3 cups packed fresh baby spinach

In a large skillet heat the oil and add onion and salt. Cook until softened. Add curry and cook for about another minute.
Stir in coconut milk, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Cook for 5 min until slightly thickened.
Add chicken, stir well and cook for 5-6 min. Stir in spinach and cook for 3 min. Season to taste and serve over rice.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I don't know what they're talking about, that looks really yummy. Although I'm not sure what curry is so I don't know how it smells or tastes for that matter.

Like the frogs, they're cute!

utmommy said...

I love curry. I'm definitely trying that one. I always cook disgusting food too!

Glass Half Full said...

Thanks for stopping by. I have to copy this recipe - sounds yummy!

Unknown said...

I love, love, love chicken curry. Though I've never seen it with spinach. Definitely a must-try!

Melzie said...

I think it sounds yummy! But it's not something I could ever make while my son was here. It'd be a sure trip to the er-- and don't want that! :)

Amanda said...

I think it sounds yummy too! I will have to try that. Thanks for sharing.

Code Yellow Mom said...

I can't do "curry" - thanks to a curry-loving roommate in college and some later issues with it while pregnant...but it looks beautiful. "Apparently I go out of my way to cook disgusting food for the family" made me laugh - we all do that on occasion, huh? Kudos to them for (eventually) trying it!